+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tapped in Hanson

Boiled about 8 gallons today (collected over the past couple days) and had a pretty weak yield. I’m wondering if this burst of warm weather spurrred some really watery sap.

boiled 23 gallons last week and got a little over a half a gal. have another 16 gals to do this weekend have to see how the yield is

Nothing doing down here for me. Trees have been dead quiet for a couple days now.

I'm over in Weymouth, 8 taps. I tapped on 2/17 and had a good run for the first week, about 30 gallons, but it has been pretty dry since 2/24. I finished a half gallon last Sunday.

my trees are all dry now just boiled 6 gallons had it frozen, all done?

Still nothing running over here. Between the sap flow and everything else going on around the house now, I may pack it in for the season. I'm still glad I got in mid to late January and caught all the flow that I did.

same here I thought we might get some this weekend but I don't know, if I get nothing this weekend everything gets packed away, was a good time almost doubled what i made last year with a couple extra taps [2 gallons]

Things picked up for me last Friday after getting nothing for over a week. I got slow but steady flow over the weekend, probably 15+ gallons from my 8 taps and boiled on Saturday and Sunday.

I waited it out through the nor'easters and have been getting a nice run for the past week. I just went out and collected my last round of buckets for the season, though. Things are getting too busy and I can't collect often enough or keep my sap cold enough with these warm temps. All in all, a great year. I'll probably head out and pull taps on Monday.

I jumped in on Monday with 13 taps on 13 trees. It is early, but I've tapped around this time or even a little earlier for the past couple years and never regretted it. I'm trying about 9 new trees this year, so I'll probably watch how they flow and add some taps eventually. I just got in from a walk and noticed that almost all of them are running this morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast