+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tapped in Hanson

well we boiled 4 times now and each one was a learning experience! but the end results are awesome, trees have stopped running, don't know if they'll start again this weekend but we'll wait and see

we've done 2 more boils since my last post, my last one was yesterday, syrup is very dark but still tastes great, trees are starting to bud but I'm leaving taps in, sap is still running maybe get one more boil in!

I have had a pretty good run over the last week (~6 gallons). It looks like the nighttime temps may be staying above freezing for the foreseeable future, so that may do it for me. My trees are so shaded that I think the temperatures will end my season before budding does.

well pulled my taps today and did the final boil 6 gallons, we got one gallon this year on 8 taps, all in all I think its was pretty good for our first try at this, learned a lot, will have a little time to get ready for next year, can't wait!

Put in about 30 taps in my reds yesterday, all on buckets. I noticed that by 4:00 PM just about all of them had started running. I tapped some new trees this year and eliminated a few slow ones, so I'll probably watch the new ones for a week or so and maybe add a few more taps if they are productive.

I put out ten taps yesterday morning all but one was running, see how these do and maybe put out another ten or so

well 9 of my taps ran pretty good, we've boiled 2 times and made 1/2 gallon so far, still have more taps to put out yet, see what the weather is going to be, all in all pretty happy with the way things are going

Same story over here. Things have been going really well and it doesn't look like I got in too early.

saps flowing real good haven't put anymore taps out yet but had to buy a second turkey fryer to keep up! looks like I'll be cooking a couple times a week at this rate

put another 8 taps out and having a hard time keeping up! but we'll get er done! looks like an upgrade is due next season, boil away!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast