+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: How to use ALL of a cone filter

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Doc View Post
    I have now used the "Optimizer" on 2 occasions and cannot be happier. I drove to Pat's home to pick up a cone filter rack (9 inch square version) in March. Pat gave me personal instruction on how to set up the rack. His simple user manual was very helpful -- I learned a few more tricks about some of the finer points of using a cone filter.

The filter rack is a neat and very effective modification of the cone filter system which makes fuller use of the cone's surface area. The pre-filters are obviously essential and fold into the contour of the rack system quite easily. Removing the pre-filters is a snap, with the bottom of the pre-filter being available to quickly filter the syrup that was no longer dripping through the folded pre-filter. The clean-up also seems to be much less of a problem -- not all of the niter is clogged up at the bottom of the filters. This was one of the best $50 I have invested in my sugaring operations.

I've attached 3 different views of the completed rack system suspended over my finishing pan, getting hot and moist, in anticipation of some hot syrup!

Attachment 16376Attachment 16374Attachment 16375
    Maple Doc,
    Thanks for sharing, we love hearing feedback.
    Hope that trip you were taking and your sugar season both were a success.
    Pat

Default Great Idea. Thanks.

I have approx 300 taps and when it came to the filtering process I always got very frustrated as it took for ever and I was always waiting good syrup in the process. I googled how to better filter with a cone filter and that was when I saw Pats idea. I tried it on the next boil and it worked great I was truly amazed. All the syrup went through one filter with a pre filter. All I need now is the actual optimizer. Thanks again great idea
    This is a great site with a lot of good ideas and help.
    My first post hope it was done properly.

James.

Optimizer Sale.
    From now till December 31 we are offering the Optimizer at 10% off.
    Email: pobryan@verizon.net with "Optimizer" in the subject line for ordering and questions.
    Thanks,
    Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 1200 taps and prefer the cone filters over a press. We use 4 cone filters with double liners at a time and near the end of the Maple Season when the niter levels are higher we struggle with the process. Your product sounds like it just might help us.

Will you ship to Canada?

Kendra
    Kallonen Maple Farm
    4421 Sideroad 10 N
    Cambridge, Ontario Canada

I know this is an old post but i was wondering if you sell these? I can't email you because I'm at work.
    Thanks,
    Ray Buckner

Quote Originally Posted by Kkallone View Post
    We have 1200 taps and prefer the cone filters over a press. We use 4 cone filters with double liners at a time and near the end of the Maple Season when the niter levels are higher we struggle with the process. Your product sounds like it just might help us.

Will you ship to Canada?

Kendra
    Kallonen Maple Farm
    4421 Sideroad 10 N
    Cambridge, Ontario Canada
    Kendra, I'll be happy to ship to Canada but it is expensive.
    Pat

Pat what are you using for filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Steviep View Post
    Pat what are you using for filters.
    8qt. Orlon cone filters and pre-filters that are available from Leader and other suppliers.

Mail the photos and a discreption to yourself via certified mail and sing for it when you get it. This is as good as a patten till you get your things together. As long as it is post marked it is legal proof of date of invention. So that no one can claim the came up with it first.

Don't open it though that way it's proof you sent it on that date.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast