+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Northwest ohio

Default Northwest ohio

Tapped in and flowing pretty good on a few trees and so so on some others. Wouldn't have thought we were going to need to tap so early this year!!

Clearly,
    Where are you located? How many taps do you have?
    2020 89 taps on buckets. 2 x 4, 3-channel, flat pan, evaporator

Just outside Toledo. Is there anyone that has or knows of some woods that arent being tapped? I would be willing to lease the ground. Thanks in advance

200 taps in 1-31 collected 150gal 2% sap today south of green springs

Yeah things are looking up! Week started out slow but have brought in 100 gal in the last two days all on buckets. Hoping to get the vac system up and running by this weekend.

Was originally going to wait until next weekend to put in taps but Sun- Tues looks good so will likely put them out this weekend - only have 45 trees marked but that's up from 30ish last year, plus we have a new arch & pans waiting to be fully tested.

Last couple days had good runs 150 gal Monday, 290 yesterday. Glad to have my r/o . Now couple days to clean and get ready for this weekend again! 200 taps on saks

Pulled buckets and sat them all on the ground hoping the next week temps drop. Buds are just about to pop, only produced 10-15oz of cloudy sap yesterday, deep down I think we're done. Starting the upgrade list for next year. I want to buy a used evaporater 2x6 or bigger, also looking for any used equipment ss tanks or barrels. Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread