+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lapierre hobby releaser question

Default Lapierre hobby releaser question

I noticed in a new Bascom catalog that these releasers now have an extension coming off the discharge. My 4 year old ones do not have this feature, rather just a flapper attached to the body. I like the releasers except for this, they make a mess and splatter all over, sap runs underneath and soaks the boards I have it sitting on. Big, big failure in regards to this. The question is.....can you buy the extension that are on the new ones for the older ones? They must have gotten many complaints for them to change because it certainly has been one of mine. I also seen that Lapierre has not one single $$$$$ listed for even a plastic tee in their catalog, what is up with that?? Really a big turn off when all things are considered.
    Mark

Where we made syrup long before the trendies made it popular, now its just another commodity.

John Deere 4000, 830, and 420 crawler
    1400 taps, 600 gph CDL RO, 4x12 wood-fired Leader, forced air and preheater. 400 gallon Sap-O-Matic vacuum gathering tank, PTO powered. 2500 gallon X truck tank, 17 bulk tanks.
    No cage tanks allowed on this farm!

I believe an extension can be added to any releaser.
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

Haynes Forest Products Guest

The old double Bernards same as Lapierre I have both and there is no way to add extensions. now the newer ones use a different style flapper. I had the same problem when trying to use releaser over dairy tanks and totes I didnt want to cut big holes in everything. I had a friend make up some trays for me that make it a lot easier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haynes Forest Products Guest

I have the releaser up on small SS channels so the sap doesnt sit and spoil under them. I also installed splash guards to keep the sudden rush of sap from flying over the edge. The splash guards slide up and off for cleaning. Now I like to say everytime you solve one problem you create another. Every once in awhile a chunk of ice will formed inside the releaser and will slide out lodging between the flapper and spash guard and cause total loss of vacuum.

I learned a long time ago that you dont turn your back on your vacuum equipment after starting in the morning and drive off all happy and content. It never ends well. Your better off trusting your 5 year old with a open gallon of paint and brush with clear instructions on what you want done.
    Last edited by Haynes Forest Products; 01-13-2017 at 07:34 AM.

I took a piece 18” long of 4” pvc and cut it on the table saw to act as a splash guard and it works great

+ Reply to Thread