+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hows your season???

Default Hows your season???

Well I'm at 52 gallons, but not sure if we will get another week here in Belchertown. it looks good for a few days but the warm up is very near... freezing nights will be a thing of the past. Last year I made 82 by the end of march but this season I have only had 2 days with a really good run. I will hold out and maybe make some C but if the buckets have only and inch of sap in them everyday then I'm done... not worth the 1.5 hours of driving around collecting it each day.

I have shut the vacuum on the woods down, now that the ice is melting the sugar went down to just over 1% so time to start pulling them and flushing early. I'm not waiting too long this year.

lets hope it holds out a bit longer, I'm hearing that west of us in NY are starting to shut down already.
    Last edited by mapleman3; 03-26-2007 at 11:13 AM.
    Jim & Charlene Desjardins
    Belchertown MA.

Had a good 13 year run, but circumstances ! and loss of tree use.. we are ending the Maple thing for now... maybe be back in a few years

www.Desjardinsmaple.com

facebook Jim Desjardins

We're at 25% of a normal year but the season's still young in our part of Eastern Ontario. Hopefully we can endure this week's warm weather.

All our syrup has been light and excellent flavour. We should make some great maple sugar and butter this year!
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

+ Reply to Thread