+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Side Stands

I tried this past spring. I set a stand at my grandmothers who lives on a corner of very heavy traffic. I just put a few bottles out my dad drives by everyday to and from work so he stocked it as needed. The thing is I found that no one ever stole out write they just never left the right amount lol! One day they generously left $7 and change for 2 quarts..... The stand was removed the fallowing day. I figured it was worth a try , but unfortunately people just aren't honest anymore.
    3x10 oil fired evaporator
    1300 vaccumm
    350 buckets

Quote Originally Posted by TylerMcT View Post
    I tried this past spring. I set a stand at my grandmothers who lives on a corner of very heavy traffic. I just put a few bottles out my dad drives by everyday to and from work so he stocked it as needed. The thing is I found that no one ever stole out write they just never left the right amount lol! One day they generously left $7 and change for 2 quarts..... The stand was removed the fallowing day. I figured it was worth a try , but unfortunately people just aren't honest anymore.
    Kind of sad to hear! Talked with a guy who is an ole'timer and sells veggies in town said that people would leave change, candy wrappers, tea bags, IOU's,and even pills in exchange for his veggies. At one point they unbolted his cash box and took it.........sad
    1st Year Turkey Fryer Guru-10 taps and No Clue
    2nd Year Warming Pans on a Barrel Unit-25 taps Still No Clue
    3rd Year 2 X 3 Divided Pan on a NEW Homemade Barrel Unit-45 taps Starting To Learn
    4th year (2017) Mason 2 X 3 Inside Small Shack-85 Taps I Think I'm Addicted!!

I've been selling from a roadside stand for several years now. It is a self serve stand and there is a lock on the cash box, so people must leave the correct change. I also have cameras installed to prevent theft. This was all brought on by one dishonest customer. My syrup sells ok as long as there are other products to bring in the customers, mostly vegetables, lots of sweet corn and pumpkins in the fall. The syrup sells much better at a local specialty/gift shop.
    12X16 Sugarhouse and 16x24 attached woodshed
    1000 taps
    120 3/16 tubing
    And still some buckets
    Becker U5.70 Rotary vane
    Leader 2X8 Reverse oil fired, Revolution Pans & Steam a way
    Lapierre Turbo 2000 600 GPH RO
    Leader Clear frame filter press
    John Deere Gator 6X4
    Indy 500 and a very large sled.
    Kubota M8200

+ Reply to Thread