+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaning 3/16 Tubing

Default Cleaning 3/16 Tubing

I am curious how most of you are cleaning 3/16 tubing? I have read past studies that indicate there is not much difference between using water vs. chemicals. I know that many of you use pulsing air and water. I heard that some large producers are moving away from pulsing water and air. If so, why and what are your current practices. Some are using low pressure water only. Others low pressure water and blowing them down following. Some are just blowing them down with compressed air and many do nothing at all. Thoughts on the subject? What is the most cost and time effective? For those of you blowing them down or not doing anything at all, are you finding any issue with clogged T's or tubing with the small diameter of 3/16? For those using water any issue with mold or algae? With my number of taps growing, I don't plan to pull the lines out after ever season any longer and plan to keep them in the woods. I am looking for best practices based on experience with the 3/16 line over a course of several years of being in the woods.

I'm no expert by any means, but I started at the top with a child gallons of water in a bucket. Pulled a tap, stuck it in the bucket to suck up some water, then stuck the tap onto the peg to seal it. And down the line I went. At the end I came back and unplugged all the taps so the drops would dry out. Seemed to work pretty good. Didn't cost me anything or take much time.
    -Ryan

Went off the deep end. Might be in over my head...

Let drops hang for a week after flushing to dry out line good and then go back and cap them off.
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

Quote Originally Posted by WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER View Post
    Let drops hang for a week after flushing to dry out line good and then go back and cap them off.
    Are you just flushing them with low pressure water?

Yes low pressure permeate water half ounce to ounce per tap will flush lot out of 3/16 line
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

+ Reply to Thread