+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulled apart....

seanmacc Guest

Default Pulled apart....

All day at work I knew things were flowing back home. Got home, checked the bulk tank and it just didn't sound right- had a line come apart with about 13 taps on it. I knew I should have split that one up! Don't want to imagine what I lost due to the "natural" vacuum not working due to an opened hole on top of what might have went on the ground. Fixed it in the dark last night. I guess the only good thing is that all the trees are on the northeastern slope and there's still at least a foot and a half of snow. I'm thinking that even with the perfect temp it didn't run as well as it could have due to the snow cover.

Still have plenty to boil tonight, though!

vermontkyle Guest

Default Heart Ache

Funny how we care so much more about lost sap early in the season. In 2 weeks after being up until midnight every night you would be grateful for the mishap
    -Kyle S.

In the first part of the season I would use a bucket to catch all of the sap I drained from the hoses and pump to keep it from freezing. Last night the sugar content was so low and making C syrup that I just drained it on the ground. It did seem worth the extra effort to go get a bucket.

Russ
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread