+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Air powered diaphragm pumps

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Gold View Post
    I have an air pump now, and like it, but I got a new filter press and need to put a pump on it. I'm interested in the Yamada pumps with their aluminum bodies. Looking for an update on how the pump is working out after a season or two of use.

Does it work well?
    Do you have a problem with the ball checks getting sugared up and either not sealing properly or getting stuck? It's a problem I have now with my air pump..easily fixed, so just a nuisance.
    Is the pump easy to take apart and put back together? See comment above. My current pump comes apart, fixed, and back together in like 10 min.
    Any issues with it?
    Etc.
    I'm pretty happy with my yamada. Used it two seasons now, I think. I do think the check balls don't seal sometimes, as it will get to chattering occasionally. Early this season it just wouldn't pump decently. I took it apart to put the replacement kit in, then called the company as well. He told me the bolts just might have needed retorqueing, instead of anything replaced. I replaced anyway. The balls were rather crystalized up,but don't know if that was a problem.

For what I paid, I'd probably buy it again. Just not sure if the little issues I've had are typical among other brands or not.
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

3000 on vacuum, 3hp 3ph Busch pump, 2567 Gast
    30X8 Leader oil-fired evap. w/ steamaway
    Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

Glad I ran in to this thread. I have an older 7" full bank press. We have about 1400 on vacuum working towards 600-700 gallons of syrup a year. I need to rebuild or replace the old oberdorfer 1/2" and was leaning on one of the Yamada pumps, the bah or the bat. The BST seems a little pricey. Can some one post a picture or two on you have this plumbed? Do I need a by-pass? I want to also pump syrup with this, emptying drums into my canner etc.

Thanks

I have two of the Yamada BST pumps but have not used them yet. I am putting one on my filter press and will also be using it to empty barrels. The other one will go on my drawoff tank. I can post pictures when they are all assembled.

I'm thinking about this one:

https://www.pumpcatalog.com/yamada/n...ies/ndp-15fpt/

Anyone have it?

I was at Leader today and they have the wilton for almost $1100, but it comes with a stand, regulator and muffler.

I don't have one, but it is only rated for 180 degrees.
    2004- 470 taps on gravity and buckets
    2006- 590 taps on gravity and buckets 300 gph RO
    2009- 845 taps on vacuum no buckets, 600 gph RO
    2010- 925 taps on vacuum new 2 stage vacuum pump
    2014- 3045 taps on vacuum, new 1200 gph RO
    2015- 3104 taps on vacuum
    2017- 3213 taps on vacuum
    3' x 10' oil fired evaporator with steamaway

I saw that. I was worried about the 3/8 ports but talked to a few others and will g with the bat. It is 1/2" and can handle the heat.

https://www.pumpcatalog.com/yamada/n...ies/ndp-15bat/

This is the pump I use https://www.zoro.com/aro-double-diap...aa/i/G2537026/

I would be afraid of one rated for 180 max, even on mine I push it. I heat in the finisher to 205-210, draw into the mixing tank, add the DE and stir. Then I pull it thru about 8' of 1" silicone hose before it gets to the pump, (by then maybe it has cooled to 200F?). I am in my third year with this pump. I also use it to move syrup. I move syrup from the evaporator draw tank, thru the pump, the bypass and to the finisher, I also move syrup from barrels to the finisher( in winter I need to use a band heater on the barrel for 2-3 hrs or it pumps very slow.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Plew View Post
    I saw that. I was worried about the 3/8 ports but talked to a few others and will g with the bat. It is 1/2" and can handle the heat.

https://www.pumpcatalog.com/yamada/n...ies/ndp-15bat/
    I think that's the one I have. It's either that one or one rated for 248. Works good. Sometimes the check valves seem to act up or something, as it will just chatter at times. But overall has been a good pump. If I wanted to use it to transfer syrup, I think I would just disconnect the hose from the press.
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

What are you using for the output line to the filter press?

Thanks

I use the line that came with the press originally with the Oberdorfer, which is a high pressure line. But it's pretty easy to remove from pump, then I'd just use the milk hose for both inlet and outlet to transfer.

Filtered today, and it didn't want to pump very fast. Barely kept up with the evaporator for awhile. Not sure if there is an obstruction inside or what. I'll have to try pumping hot water when I break the press down again.
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast