+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any updates on Sweet Tree and Crown Maple?

Default any updates on Sweet Tree and Crown Maple?

since the thread on bulk syrup has slowed down, I figured we all needed another light topic of discussion...

any one have an update on Sweet Tree? Parker and I were up there on the tour last July - they were talking about doing some distilling, 350k taps by this year, etc... Anyone have an update?

and Crown Maple? someone I think mentioned that they were looking to setup a new woods in Vermont?

could be all just rumors of course ...

-eric
    Eric Johnson
    Tucker Mountain Maple Co-op
    1400 taps in 2013
    2.5 x 8 CDL pellet arch and Smokey Lake pans
    Lapierre 600 RO
    Member of Andover/Salisbury Maplehaulics anonymous
    www.tuckermtn.com
    pALS

Will be taking a tour Oct. 29th.
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

Last I heard about crown was that they had bid out another 75k tap job and wanted them in by December. Everyone I talked to doubted they would get that many in by then. Ultimate goal is 275k taps. Not sure where it was but I thought in NY still
    CDL 2x8
    Around 4000 taps
    Polaris ATVs, Ski Doo snowmobiles to get around
    Atlas Copco pumps
    Lapierre two post RO

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Sugar%20shack/

5 tours being offered by VT that is hosting the IMSI meeting this year. All come with a cost that also includes lunch.
    30x8 Leader revolution, wood fired blower, steamaway/hood. 903 taps all but 54 on pipeline and 3 vacuum systems. Hauling sap this year with a 99 F350 7.3 diesel dump and of course back up is the Honda 450 and trailer.

+ Reply to Thread