+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tubing recycling

Default Tubing recycling

I live in Washington county and have a small amount of tubing to recycle. No main line. No metal. Does anyone know of where in the county it can be taken?
    Thanks

You should call your county waste management district and ask them. Here in Addison, they will take it but they need some notice and they generally like to take larger quantities at once.
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

I'm pretty sure it is similar to what General said here in Caledonia. I also believe there are some I will call them "packaging guidelines"
    William
    950 taps
    3 X 12 Thor pans on a Brian Arch
    CDL 600 expandable

How about check valves? I have 2 barrel full of used Leader check valves, and I refuse to toss them into the waste stream.
    2 1/2 X 8 Leader revolution pans on an inferno arch with steamaway. 1500 taps, 600 gph Springtech RO, 3 vacuum systems (3/4 hp. Airablo, 2 hp. Tuthill oilring pump and a 2 hp. Busch claw pump)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/batsofbedlam/

Paul, I'm experimenting with re-purposing otherwise-unwanted tubing, taps, and other connectors and I would be happy to take it off you hands.

Like Paul, I’m in Washington County. I also travel around the state and can meet for a pickup. If you want to get rid of it, shoot me a PM.

Thanks for the help. It's gone. I'm assuming otters picked it up. Glad someone can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul VT View Post
    Thanks for the help. It's gone. I'm assuming otters picked it up. Glad someone can use it.
    That was indeed me. Just now getting on line to let you know. Many thanks!

I have 25,000+ ft of 5/16 averaging about 3-4 yrs old, including thousands of fittings and cv1s plus several thousand ft of mainline. Need to dispose of it and would prefer to recycle it (assuming there isn't a market for used tubing). Do/should the manufacturers reprocess it? Local landfill charges $40/cubic yard so that's not a reasonable option. I'm in western NY ... any suggestions?

There is a place in Auburn that recycles it into lumber, however I checked a few months ago and with oil prices so low thay were not accepting any. I checked thru the state association (NYSMPA). With oil going back up that may change.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

For those of you in NY I would check with the Cornell Recycling Ag Plastics Program (RAPP). We run a similar program up here near Rochester for pesticide containers, I would have to check with our contractor to see if they take tubing. Food for thought.

+ Reply to Thread