+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still going - Northern MN

Collected my last 60 gallons on my 50 taps and pulled everything last night. Decided not to get the fire going and took the lazy (and slower) route and fired up the propane stove to boil over night. Sat down on the couch with the wife and mentioned maybe I shouldn't have pulled them and tried to get one last run before this warm weather sets in. Her look told me I made the right choice to bag it even though the holes were gushing as me and the kids pulled everything out. Been a crazy season but reality is every spring I say its a crazy season as there really isn't a "normal" sugaring season. Probably going to use the last batch for candy and get some over to friend who brews beer and see if they can brew a little maple beer. My 12 year old kid is telling me next year he want so pull the all nighters with me so he can learn the whole process. I may wait a bit before taking him up on that offer but his help sure does make it all a lot easier. Take care all!

Pulling everything this afternoon. Getting 40 gallons a day out of the 24 taps. Should be over 10 Gallons finished and bottled. Beats the heck out of the 4.5 gallons LY!

I had 90 taps out and wound up with 2000 gallons sap and 45-50 gallons syrup(still haven't canned it all). It was a very sporadic start but I ended very well. I could have gone a couple days longer but enough is enough!!! More taps and another cooker for next year.
    Homemade 2x6 arch 2'x2' syrup pan 2'x4' sap pan 100 taps on bags

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12