+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maple Coated Nuts

If your house is anything like mine, it doesn't matter how many you make, they WON'T last very long at all. They taste too good to sit around very long.

Nuts of any kind are vaccum packed to keep them fresh. I've had some smaller packages around for a couple of months, but you can tell they're starting to get old. They don't taste funny they just aren't as crunchy anymore.

Jim
    12 x 16 Sugarhouse, 12 x 16 Woodshed
    2 x 8 “The Mutt” Evaporator with Marcland Drawoff
    Leader oil fired arch, Dallaire raised flue, Smoky Lake syrup pan and hoods with pre-heater
    New Leader Clear Filter Press/Air Diaphragm Pump
    5” Hand Pump Filter Press from Daryl-One of the first three! On loan to a friend.
    Deer Run 250 gal/hr RO
    A Very Understanding Wife
    "At any time during the day you're only 10 seconds from disaster!"

Well I would just like to thank you guys for introducing me to the best maple nuts I have had by far I have been watching this post for a while and didn’t really give it much thought until Sunday I woke up went to the bush and did some stuff and then came home had the house to my self and I decided I would do some cooking. I had some peanuts so I decided to give the maple nuts a whirl. Well I only had enough to make a pound of nuts they were gone by 5pm the next day I just finished making 5lbs and by the looks of it they aren’t going to last as long as the first pound! Well just wanted to say thanks.
    Dave
    shurken from 8500 to 2500 slowly growing hope to have 5000 this season 5x16 Lighting and a lot of fire wood

Default Addicting!!

I tried the recipes you guys posted using almonds. My, I sure hope they're healthy to eat in large quantities! Of the five of us that were here when they got done, only one displayed any semblance of restraint toward this wonderful confection -- and he doesn't like almonds! They diappeared in a hurry. Going to have a go at it with a pound of walnuts tonight. I doubt they'll have any more of a survival outlook than the almonds did. But what fun!!!

Well if it was hard only to eat one nut, eating only one maple coated nut is nearly impossible.

Tried some tonight.

I think the hooker to sell them would be to have some of those tiny cups as samplers. One taste and you'd have 'em hooked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123