+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln, Maine. Did I miss the season?

Default Lincoln, Maine. Did I miss the season?

First time tapping my trees in Lowell, Maine. 15 miles south of Lincoln. Put taps in Feb 20. Had one good run around Mar 10. A second small run March 17. Now just a few drips and drops in the afternoon here and there. Today, we have 4+ inches of snow on the ground already, thanks to storm Regis. Did miss maple season or is it still to come?

9 trees with buckets + a turkey fryer ready to go!

Sit tight, first half of April looks good for you.

Still running in Charleston. Temps look good later this week A little cold right now. Keep going and it will flow again!

Thanks for the quick reply. I am encouraged by your report!

Like sap seeker said, sit tight, it's been a weird season for sure.....mine have not had a super strong run really yet either, with maple sunday this weekend I'm a bit on edge. It should let go Friday and Saturday by the looks of the weather.
    24x56 heavy timber post and beam sugar house. 2013 CDL 2.5x8 deluxe airtight raised flue 750 taps on vacuum. CDL reverse osmosis, Wes Fab 7" full bank press. Eastern Maine CDL sales rep.

Like everyone else has said, hang in there. I as well have not had any big runs, looks like it might turn for the better within the next couple of days.
    2019 99 taps on buckets (95 red & 4 sugar)
    W.F. Mason 2x4 XL

My trees are mostly dried up. A few are trickling, but I've done my (just under) 9 gallons for the season from the early runs in late January/Feb. I've officially called "taps" Tapps.jpg
    Maine Moonshine
    117 Sugar maples & 60 red maples on 9 acres, buckets, Leader 1/2 pint arch w/36x24 pan
    No shack (...yet??)
    When you start to hear the spring peepers, you know your taps have overstayed their welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by boondocker View Post
    Like sap seeker said, sit tight, it's been a weird season for sure.....mine have not had a super strong run really yet either, with maple sunday this weekend I'm a bit on edge. It should let go Friday and Saturday by the looks of the weather.
    Who is hosting Maine Maple Sunday events in this area? I would love to check some out!

Quote Originally Posted by Page Meadow Maple View Post
    Who is hosting Maine Maple Sunday events in this area? I would love to check some out!
    Looks like a couple participating sugar houses in Lee would be your closest options, check out Maine.gov, lots more details on the Department of agricultural and forestry website. Running pretty good here this afternoon although not all that warm, coming your way soon enough.

Velvet Hollow Sugarworks
    Greenwood, Maine
    900 taps
    CDL 2X6, leader RO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast