Quote Originally Posted by 220 maple View Post
the one brother I talked to of the Seven that leased it felt that the trees at 4300 foot elevation may not have run very good, just to cold at that elevation, said they need to investigate that area next week. Their goal is to get to 20000 taps next year.

Mark 220 Maple
I can tell you that the tree line around 4000' and above in canaan valley is *still* brown as of today, so I can see those trees just not running till everything else below is done, so probably not worth tapping unless they can have mainlines separated by elevation? Most trees below that just got their leaves in the past week or so, and *finally* got a few spears of asparagus popping up and had to mow for the first time last weekend. So despite having a very early start to the maple season, and one of the warmest average temperature during the feb-april period on record, the growing season has still taken it's time like normal years. I am still a little bummed that the syrup turned buddy on me the second week of March, yet it took till May for the trees to get their leaves!