+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516172757 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Wisconsin

SHOCKERS Guest

Talking

Well had a good day picked up 100 gal. The buds are gettig big will make till it tasts bad.

3-21 Cleaned the syrup pan and other stuff this am...got a call that the buckets were runin over..I thought noway..got the boys and we went out and everything was over flowin even tne barrel..best run of the season... went out and collected before dark again but not much...3-21 went out and collected some but the big run was over...cooked into the night...cooked down all the sap we had...3-22 helped a fellow sapper pull his buckets he gave me about 40 gal of sap...some we getting cloudy but some we clear....

3-26..the last few days have been cold and rainy..didnt collect since Sun ...just a few buckets full had about 100+ gal of sap that needed cooking..pulled some buckets today but the trees on the north sides are dripping some snow storm coming will leave the majority of taps out and wait and see

3-29 after last nights snow the trees ran real good..but the syrup is getting darker..it was cold standing in the wind so I put up a tarp for a wind brake...After tomrrow the rain and snow returns....

3-30 The trees ran very well again.... collected twice today...some were runin over..lucky its been on the cool side..some of the reds are starting to bud....short on bottles need to get more.... by the looks of orders I will be almost out of syrup by the end of season....

4-1...Well after working for the Township replacing a culvert... the road was giving way..I cooked this aft. made 4 gal of syrup.... the wind was raw to say the least...Glenn stopped by and watched the sap boil...cool today didnt collect... just got in at 9pm....went to Barts and got 20 jugs used them up and need more jugs and firewood...

4-2 went and cut a load of wood ...then collected... some buckets were runin over and some were not... some trees are starting to give cloudy sap...made 2gal of syrup..thought I was going north for the weekend and pick up some more jugs but that plan fell through..snow storm coming Sunday too...

4-3 Not cold enough this am... 30 here at the house ....It got warmer than forecast today...the hard maples are still putin out but the soft/reds are gettin tight...Called Roths for jugs this am and they said the sap is really runnin and they are really busy... so I put my order in and let Dawn get back to cookin....

I'm from the Kettle Moraine area. Just finished the last of the sap; got behind cooking outside. Might have one more run left, still getting clear sap, but a few trees are budding out. Does anybody you know throw a sugaring party at the end of the season?

4-6... We have had a cold and nasty north west wind blowin here...some trees are still putin sap out... but it didnt freeze hard last eve...jugs came by Speedy from Roths ...fast service ....caught up on bottling and collected some sap..forecast is for cold nights and warm days...some sap is not as clear as it should be..a few more sapin days ahead....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516172757 ... LastLast