+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112132353 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Wisconsin

ArnoldSugarBush Guest

Default At work looking out the window

The sun is shining and puddles are at the end of everyone's driveways. I can't wait to get home and see if we are finally collecting some sap today. 43 degrees right now. It is really tough to look out the window and see such a beautiful day.

Got too much snow today 8-10"...so I didnt even think about collecting...

ArnoldSugarBush Guest

15 gallons collected and the ten day forecast is looking good!

My twin boys and I got the cooker set up Monday the 24th and made 4gal..our sap really foamed up and the sugar sand was more than the last year..everything went good and the boys are getting the hang of running the 2x6..we are out of sap right now this tues am but have to go out and collect...syrup was really lite colored..

3-28..nice day to cook the humidity was low which made the sap just evaporate easily ...made 7 gal of lite syrup .. ran out of sap.. could of made more... some of my trees are on the north side and we still have alot of snow in this area

3-29... just collected sap today and bottled the 7gal we cooked the other day..rain in the forecast ..the trees on the north side are starting to put sap in the buckets now...

4-1 we got 1.25" of rain last night today was cold and windy emptied the buckets because of the rain...the forecast is bringing better weather...some of the snow has gone down.. will tap a few trees that were snowed in...came home from fishing this eve and found 7 metal drums waiting for me to wash out for storage....a gift from a fellow sapper...the sap should really run the next few days...

4-2 Heard my first turkey gobble this am... late for this area..still a good amount of snow on the north sides... did tap some trees with buckets that were snowed in ..and they were running nicley....will cook thursday and put some beer sticks in the smoker too...

4-3...cooked all the sap we had down today to the last gallon...got a honest 8.75gal of syrup today ....had four visitors looking over the setup and shootin the bull....but the warm weather has chased the sap away...over fired the cooker at the end.... luck would have it I had a long handled shovel handy and took the fire out...some sap starting to get cloudy...finished the beer stixs which turned out good tasting....the end is near....
    Last edited by Dave Puhl; 04-03-2008 at 09:12 PM.

4-4..The end is closer than I thought..high of 60 and no freeze last night ..right now at 10pm its 48....will pull all buckets before the mold starts...still got the syrup to bottle suppose to rain..so I will wait to do the bottling then...went walleye fishin with the boys we all caught fish...but I got 27" eye had to release her but what fun... she did lace my left thumb a good one...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112132353 ... LastLast