+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011122252 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Wisconsin

Unhappy

the 23rd..started to pull taps and wash up some buckets...will cook for the last time for the year Sat...

the 24th...its over for me last cook of the year toady got less than 6gals. today pulled every thing and cleaned it up and put away now just got the evaporator to clean..

Geetings all you sappers..just getting stuff here set up and ready for the weather break thats coming in a few days..lots of snow.. using snowmoblie and homemade sled to bring in wood ..putting out more tubing and barrels because of the deep snow...will start tapping Sunday and Monday 9th and 10th ...last year it was the 13th .....no frost here... wondering how that will effect the run ..no shortage of water for the trees this spring....

Tapped some more today ..mostly tubing with buckets ...with temps low 30s and a breeze not much going on..got some wood made and brought up to the cooker by snowmobile...

Some taps dripped a little...the weather man was wrong again ...now cool weather coming gonna be a late spring...no hurry to tap anymore ...

Default starting to get concerned

Yes, there dosen't appear to be much, if any, real sap weather in the 15 day outlook. Traditionally, it's still not late for starting in my area. But by 10-15 days from now it will be. I'm starting to feel that my instict that this was going to be a good season might be wrong. If it dosen't get going until very late March things could be over real quick if the weather suddenly turns to 60-70 degree weather in early April.

ArnoldSugarBush Guest

My wife and I only have eight taps in so far this year. I spent all day looking out the window wondering how much was starting to run. It was a little disappointing to finally get home and find nothing. It was great exercise to go for a walk in all this snow.

We found our favorite tapping tree had not been marked and was logged off this winter. I hope the rest of the trees catch up in production.

Went out this am the 14th..after a 50 degree day you would think trees woud run..not for me..hard to belive ..the forecast is not good for sap runs either...

Default Not much in southern wisconsin

I tapped 10 on the 10th, got maybe a cup in each the next day. Tapped about 20 more on the 13th and another 20 on the 14th. Only got about 30 gallons of sap. While we still have a couple inches of snow in the bush, the weather has been in the 40's so I was sure thinking I'd get a little more. Next week's weather looks like rain and snow

the 18th..went out and collested today for the first time some trees are runnin but some are slow to nill.. snuged up a few lines and put in a few more taps..wish it would freeze up tonight cant get to a barrel because of the mud....still the forecast is not in our favor..will just have to wait...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011122252 ... LastLast