+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dill 2016-will it happen

Default Dill 2016-will it happen

So the ongoing saga of my 16 season. Sugarhouse is done. Except for power. PSNH is coming to inspect next tuesday.
    Today was get the woods tank in the woods and start running mainline.
    I want to give a shout out to Jeff Moore of Windswept Maples. I hired Jeff to layout our mainline setup back in the fall. Then after the brief run Jeff and Brad came down and strung wire. I can't believe how much those 2 got done in a day. If you need maple services call these 2. I thought the price was well worth it.

Anyway today was fight with the dozer for longer then expected but it finally got going at noon. Got the tank out. And got the first 2000ft of pump line to the tank. Tomorrow is 2kft of vac line and maybe 2200 of wet/dry
    If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done.
    OH ya no evap still. Come on Cabin by the Creek its getting late!
    d1.jpgd2.jpgd3.jpg
    30x40 Sugarhouse
    975 taps here at home. Still have 3-400 to add in.
    3x10 Cabin by the Creek evap with "steamaway"
    CDL 600 RO
    ebayed Sogevac S65

Sounds like you've been a busy guy. Wishing you good luck on getting your evaporator soon.

Well it was a busy weekend. We got 4.5k ft of 1in up and tensioned by sunday afternoon. Got 3k ft of 3/4 unrolled today. Have to say those little 500ft rolls are much easier to drag. Looks like I over bought 1in and undergrabbed 3/4. PSNH is coming out tomorrow to hopefully sign off for wire run to the shack (granted the rest of the family is calling it the sugar mansion). Feels good to actually be getting close on having our woods up and running. Tomorrow afternoon is tension and tie 3/4 in to the wet/dry system. Then it looks like wensday/thursday is out for weather. So we will be building a slider door and getting the pulleys up for the copula system.
    Pretty amazing how fast the snow disappeared in 2 days. The upside of running lines along a stream is you know its going down hill. The downside is suddenly the ice is gone and water is cold.
    sap1.jpgsap2.jpg
    Last edited by Dill; 02-22-2016 at 05:19 PM.
    30x40 Sugarhouse
    CDL 600 RO
    ebayed Sogevac S65

It's good to see that you are making progress. Hope you get your evaporator soon.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

I have to say I don't think I will boil this season. The evaporator still hasn't shown and now its not even complete. Maybe it will show up this weekend at this point is if going to be worth tapping for a week of the end of the season run.
    30x40 Sugarhouse
    CDL 600 RO
    ebayed Sogevac S65

I would tap so I could play with my new toy. That is if it shows up and you can realistically get it set up before the sap stops flowing.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Default Keep up the good work

Hey dill seems like you got a lot going on over on the other side of town. Just think how sweet it is going to be when all the hard work is done. Met one of the family members the other day and he said the sugarhouse(mansion) was awesome. Going to try and stop by and check it out someday. good luck and hope your rig shows up.
    540 taps. New 2x6 CDL oil fired deluxe. 7” wesfab filter press with electric pump. Micro 2 RO and a 16 by 32 CDL bottling unit. Can’t wait!!!!!!
    20x24 shack

My father or brother? Usually they both tap and haul sap to Josh but my brother isn't tapping this year. He's buying a farm up in VT and figures he's not going to be able to move NH syrup in VT.
    Were in town are you? I've seen a few trucks and tanks moving around town the last couple days.
    I ordered up another 3k ft of 3/4 mainline yesterday. Hoss at Webb in Rutland is the man if you need to order any. 17cents a ft cheaper than concord quoted me. Also the people who own the 150 acres across the street from me told me to go ahead and tap anything over there. I've got to finished up my property first but its great knowing there is more right there.
    30x40 Sugarhouse
    CDL 600 RO
    ebayed Sogevac S65

Default Lucky

I met mark over at the Durham farm. He said your (shack) is preety sweet. I live right out side center of town. That's nice you have more taps to look forward to. If you need to push a couple hundred down my way next year let me know. I like to step into a 2x6 min soon so I will need to find a little bush to tap. I will stop buy and check out what you got going nh on. Maybe learn some tricks.
    540 taps. New 2x6 CDL oil fired deluxe. 7” wesfab filter press with electric pump. Micro 2 RO and a 16 by 32 CDL bottling unit. Can’t wait!!!!!!
    20x24 shack

Time to call it like it is. No contact with Cabin by the Creek straight to voicemail since wensday. I don't think its going to show up and I'm asking for a refund. Not happy, I would like to support a start up business but I don't know what happened.
    So on that vein I started tapping my Northwood bush to haul to Josh. Got about 200 taps out in 3 hours. Seems like most of that time was trying to figure out which way the 30 tap down lines ran. Getting better each year at that. Its a cold bush and was barely running this afternoon. Got to finish that in the morning and start on vac issues.
    30x40 Sugarhouse
    CDL 600 RO
    ebayed Sogevac S65

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast