+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Shurflo Pump Question

MIsugardaddy, thanks for info, so it sounds like one deep cycle battery could power a surflow pump for each run and having two would allow swapping out and recharging which is what I was hoping for. Also, congrats on that beautiful looking sugar house setup, that is top notch!
    NEIL

18x66 LAPIERRE EVAPORATOR, 120 TAPS GIVE OR TAKE
    10x20 SUGAR SHACK

A good deep cycle battery will usually last around 36 hours of running so depending on conditions you can usually get a couple days between charges. If sap is really running heavy the pump works harder and will run down a little quicker. Last year a tried using a regular car battery on one of my pumps and by the end of the season it wouldn't last 4 hours. Couldn't handle the draining and recharging apparently.
    Maple Rock Farm
    www.Maplerockfarm.ca
    400 taps on Vacuum
    18”x60” Lapierre propane evaporator with Smokey Lake auto draw off
    Homemade 3 post RO with MES membranes
    Ford TS110 tractor sap hauler

I run 2088's on deep cycle batteries from Menards. After one day it will be down to 65%, I changed one out yesterday that would running for the last 2 days and it was at 40%. They do shut down when below freezing and start back up at around 34. I have run them 3 days straight without a freeze and they didn't run out of juice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213