+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Splain to me everything about Vacuum...

Salmoneye Guest

Ya see guys...The problem is...

I DON"T KNOW HOW TO HOOK IT UP OR TO WHAT OR TO WHERE>>>

LOL

Have a good night...WIll chat at ya all after tapping more tomorrow...

I have a man releaser and on the top there is a place to hook 1 1/2 pvc pipe. On then there are 4 places to hook in the main lines, if you only 2 main lines you put plugs in the other spots. There is also a place to screw in a vac gauge.
    On the vac pump there are 2 ports ones intake the other is exhaust .The exhaust should be piped away from belts, sap ect.
    The intake pipe goes to a vac regulator. This is ware you set the pull of vac pump. then it is on to the vac trap that keeps the oil and sap from mixing.Then on to the releaser with your in take pipe.
    I had an old air compressor with a bad compressor so I bolted my vac pump ware the compressor use to be and used that motor that was all ready there. I did change the motor pully.
    Blaisdell's Maple Farm
    started on a 2x2 pan in 2000 and now
    custom built oil fired 4x12 arch by me
    Thor pans Desinged by Thad Blaisdell
    4600 taps on a drop flue 8-4 split

I installed vacuum this year and I average 500 gals sap a day. Even with out perfect sap weather this week. Only getting done in the 30's at night.
    Rules for installation. A large holding tank 2x's the amount of taps. A releaser on top of the tank setting in have way, so sap will dump in tank not on the ground. Install your main line to releaser. Insatll vacuum line to vacuum side oof releaser. Install moisture trap in vacuum line between pump and realeaser. Have a pressure releve value off pump inlet side, followed by a vacuum gauge. On oulet side of pump have a oil catch muffler. Set your releve value at no more than 20 psi. Turn pump on when temps at 34 and off at 30.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12