+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tapping should I or should I not

Default Tapping should I or should I not

I've been watching the long-range temperature forecast the next three weeks look up mild what do you think might as well tap them ?

unless your on vacuum, i would hold on...I'm in Bennington and have been wondering the same

I don't want to miss out on sap what do you think there's going to be a big freeze

hold off, let the sap sweeten up, is back in 20's next week. really only going to lose 2-3 run, nothing too major
    18x30 sugarshack
    5100 taps high vac
    3x10 inferno with steampan
    7'' wes fab filter press
    10'' cdl air filter press
    D&G 3 post reverse osmosis w/recirculation

Quote Originally Posted by blissville maples View Post
    hold off, let the sap sweeten up, is back in 20's next week. really only going to lose 2-3 run, nothing too major
    OK thank you too for your advice I am going to keep A close look on the temperatures I see warmer long range

Default We're tapping soon down east.

We are getting ready to tap down here in Maine. The ocean temperature is already up, so we are thinking it might be an early spring... Who knows? We figure we'll get our taps out some time between the 15th and the 22nd of February. Of course the weather may have other plans...
    325 taps
    2x6 Phaneuf
    Illegitimati non carborundum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISbkO-NKA9o

We started tapping yesterday. It's pretty early, but we are doing it because the going is so good in the woods. We will get some snow soon, and I don't need to be slogging through it to finish tapping. I've got a lot of work to do in the vacuum sheds. I bought a new 3hp Busch vacuum pump for one woods. It is all wired, just need to plumb it all up. I had a new 6x10 shed delivered for my other woods. I will be spending a couple of days and evenings getting that wired and plumbed for vacuum pump, releaser, lights and heat! The woods are almost ready and we will be done with the woods work by weeks end. It's coming!!!
    2 1/2 x8 Lapierre Waterloo-Small (oil fired)
    Leader Steamaway
    1200 gph Lapierre RO
    1800 taps
    http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ks/Sugarhouse/

Mike Christian
    505 Main St. Orwell, Vt.

Quote Originally Posted by maplwrks View Post
    We started tapping yesterday. It's pretty early, but we are doing it because the going is so good in the woods. We will get some snow soon, and I don't need to be slogging through it to finish tapping. I've got a lot of work to do in the vacuum sheds. I bought a new 3hp Busch vacuum pump for one woods. It is all wired, just need to plumb it all up. I had a new 6x10 shed delivered for my other woods. I will be spending a couple of days and evenings getting that wired and plumbed for vacuum pump, releaser, lights and heat! The woods are almost ready and we will be done with the woods work by weeks end. It's coming!!!
    Yes thank you for your input we have a lot of work to do plan on start Tapping on Friday and through the weekend might as well get a jump on it good luck let's hope for a good season

+ Reply to Thread