+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulster County Catskills

Drove by today on the way to Kingston. Looking good.

Too bad I missed you Van. I had appointments on Friday.

Got the door in, and about half the siding on this weekend. She's looking pretty good, except for the fact that the new siding is not stained, and the old siding is forest green. That will be remedied after the season.

We have had a dusting of snow the last two nights. And now cold weather is in the forecast for the weekend. Coldest of the season so far.

Plan to finish the siding on the outside of shack today. That just leaves the wall between the shack and the wood (shed) barn it is attached to. Actually, it is an addition to that older barn.

IMG_1993.jpgIMG_1994.jpgIMG_1995.jpg

Anyone know how to rotate uploaded images?

IMG_2002.jpg
    Last edited by Ghs57; 02-15-2016 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Sideways Images?

Too windy and cold today!

Gary -
    Took a ride up Sawkill yesterday in search of your shack but missed it. Is it visible from Sawkill Road ?

Russ

Not really. I'm about 400 feet back in the woods, between the kingston water department filter plant and morey hill road. Number 1387.

Got the steam hood and AOF manifold parts from the fabricator. Looking good. Also got the copper for the preheater. Now to put it all together. Between the cold and commitments, not much progress on anything this weekend.

Tapped today.

Got one 3/16 line in today. Sap was running so fast it filled up an 800 foot roll before I could trim to the correct length. My brother and I both took a face full of sap at least once as we moved down the line fitting the drops. There are only about 20 taps on this line, and at that bottom there was enough pressure to squirt sap quite a few feet by holding your finger over the end of the tubbing. I have many more to do, and this looks like the week to start. I hope I have enough tubing to connect everything up. My Ohayo Mt bush is all 3/16, whereas my Zena bush is all 5/16 with vacuum. Total of about 100 taps. I'm looking for more though.

Meanwhile, back at the shack, I got my AOF/AUF manifolds ready to go, now to get them installed in the arch. That's the plan for Monday. After that, I have to assemble the steam hood and run the steam stack out the roof. I also have the preheater copper all cut, ready to be soldered up. Lots do to this week. Looks like the weather is set for a great week.
    Last edited by Ghs57; 02-23-2016 at 08:44 AM. Reason: needed a little revision

Got the AOF rough installed, now to insulate and re-brick

IMG_2010.jpg

Rain, rain , rain. The deluge left one of my drums stranded, and overflowing.
    IMG_1489.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast