+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: south east virginia

so i got no sap what so ever from sweet gum. Kinda really bumb about it, really hoping it was going to work because we have such an abundance of them.

Interesting - and thanks for the follow-up. Are you going to give them a shot again next year anyway?

if i do it won't be at the scale i did. The challenge I've got is the gum out numbers the maple 50 to 1.

Good to know. I've only got about 20-25 gums on my property, so it would be very small scale. Based on your results, I may tap one or two next year just to see if I can get anything at all, before attempting to tap the rest the following year.

if it does it would be thru root pesure so tap late. After speaking to a few biologist, it has too much resin to be able to respond to stem pressure like a birch.

how did it work for you and the sweet gum?

Quote Originally Posted by Antarctica View Post
    Good to know. I've only got about 20-25 gums on my property, so it would be very small scale. Based on your results, I may tap one or two next year just to see if I can get anything at all, before attempting to tap the rest the following year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123