+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finished tapping

Matt
    If you mean my vac pumps, yea I let them run yesterday afternoon and this afternoon I got alittle over a 1/2 gal per tap between the last two days. I'm hoping to get a better run tommorrow and then sweeten my pans tommorrow.
    Keith

Yeah vac pumps is what I meant. hey 1/2 gallon works.

Well I sweetened my pans. I actually made 10 gallons of light syrup. So I'm on the board I'd be happy if I make 1/2 gal per tap this year.
    I took me 2.5 hours to draw any off.
    Keith

I've boiled three times this year and have made 40 gallons from 700 taps. Now that the cold weather is here I can begin on my list of things that I have not done yet
    Keith

That is excellant!,,Did you put the 1HP moter on your pump?? Looks like it will be going gang busters next week.....
    Salisbury Sugarworks,,Parker Rowe, and friends
    Salisbury, N.H.
    1988 taps in 09
    over 2500 on vac in 2010
    no buckets in 2010
    2815 taps in 2011
    shooting for 3000 in 2012
    4000 taps? In 2014
    5x16 wood fired "Mighty Marvin"
    50 cords in the shed
    Old, old R.O.
    Charter member Andover/Salisbury Mapleholics
    http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4...s009bx4.th.jpg

Keith-

Good for you, now you got the pre-game done. Real deal next week.

Yea I put the 1 Hp motor on it and went with a 1/2" smaller pulley. It will get the vacuum up to where I need it but not really pull much in from the vac. regulator like the other motor did. So until I get another motor its going to work ok
    Keith

Finally made a couple barrels of syrup where I work on thurs.Got the sugarhouse all set up on wens.,boy do I hate rigging and installing that monster stack on the 6x16 every year! This will be the last year for the arch,50 ys. old and a little tender.Hopefully the new arch will have a lightening rod on the stack so it will be permanent,the hill where the sugarhouse is located is very prone to lightening!
    The flue pan was leaking @ the rear so the owner's wife and I prayed and within a short time no leak! God is so cool! Made very good flavored med. With all this new snow there's 3-4 ft. in the woods and everything is froze,very funky season.

I'm starting to think that this year is going to be dismal at best. I'm way behind my average for this time in the month and many years I'm done by the end of March. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though.
    Keith

I'm with you Kieth. This is the worst year I have had so far. I have been doing this since 2001. The temps are either too cold or too warm. There haven't been any days with the right temps yet and on the days that it should run there is a cold breeze or too many clouds. If it weren't for the 200 taps I have on vacuum I wouldn't have done much more than sweeten my pans.

Russ
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast