+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SS bucket spouts

I will call my local dealer to see if he has any. I plan on tapping the 9 or 10 of march.
    Maple syrup makers never die, they just evaporate.

Kubota M-5040,Kubota B-2650,Kubota XRT 900, Sugarhouse is now a guest cottage.

Russ- I drilled the holes out to something just shy of 3/4" so they still should be fine...I tried some yesterday with the leader hookless and they seemed to hang fine. Keeping my fingers crossed when the wind blows

-tuckemtn
    Eric Johnson
    Tucker Mountain Maple Co-op
    1400 taps in 2013
    2.5 x 8 CDL pellet arch and Smokey Lake pans
    Lapierre 600 RO
    Member of Andover/Salisbury Maplehaulics anonymous
    www.tuckermtn.com
    pALS

I just sent my SS one back to maple pro this morning. Yesterday I picked up 35 of the leader hookless.

I think you guys will be happy with the leader spouts. Just looking at the picture the stainless ones didn't look like they would work. They don't stick into the bucket far enough for the sap to go into the bucket. They would probably work good on telephone poles though.

This has been a good thread. Hopefully someone else won't have to spend their hard earned to do the manufactures r&d for them.

Russ
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

I'm glad I only bought one spout. So they only soaked me for $1.10
    On a side note, it only runs a fraction of what my 7/16 spouts run.
    Just an ole GILLBILLY
    24 years since that first boil

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...rdmaplephotos/

I got more steel spouts than I can ever use but its always nice to try something new. I use mostly cast iron ones. 2 or 3 will break each year and we just chuck them.

I bought 100 of the 5/16 IPL spout. So far I don't like them. I have had 3 come out of the tree. half a doz. or more buckets blown off. The bucket blowing around on the spout wears a grove in the spout. They don't seal well and to top it off half of them are running down the out side of the bucket. The only way I see these working, is to drill your hole straight in, not at an upward angle and then do not ream the hole in the bucket. Tap threw the hole in the bucket and swivel the bucket to empty. The worst money I have spent to date sugaring. Just my opinion.

Some of my buckets are worn so bad it wouldn't make any differences if I drill them out or not. I would have to drill a whole new hole.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123