+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calendar Girls for ALS UPDATE

Angela Schumacher Guest

Thumbs up Calendar Girls for ALS UPDATE

Hi. Just wanted to give an update on our fundraiser.

Last week we sent our first check to Compassionate Care ALS in the amount of $1090. This is a great start. There are still website sales to be calculated too so things are really going great. This is just the beginning.

What is most interesting is that the calendar seems to have been a source of inspiration for many people... Just check out the attached photo of Keith Johnson (Eric Johnson's brother) who thinks we should start a "Men of Maple" Calendar. Ha ha! The expression on his face in this photo just cracks me up. I love it. That's the spirit!
    MenofMaple-KeithJohnson.jpg

Another example of how we have inspired others is described in the below article. It was written by a woman who purchased a Calendar Girls For ALS calendar at an art boutique in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

=========================================

“God gives us guidance in many ways, and with that comes opportunity to help others, and in return, it gives our lives purpose in the most purist sense of the word”.

I was given that opportunity on October 30, 2015. I was in a small shop in downtown Sheboygan, when I came across the Smoky Lake Maple Products' fundraising calendar supporting ALS. The calendar was tastefully done in the “au natural” style. I immediately thought of my friend, Wendy Rauwerdink, who has had ALS for the past five years. I bought the calendar and gave it to Wendy the very next day!

I told Wendy that I was sorry for not thinking of this great fundraising idea myself. I then realized that I could still do this for Wendy and for ALS. I knew that Wendy’s many friends from high school and beyond would be more than willing to pose for an “au natural” calendar to support her and ALS research.
    I had no idea where to start on creating a calendar! I went to the Smoky Lake Maple Products' website and found a phone number; I took a chance and dialed. A sweet voice answered the phone and I quickly told my story to her and how I wanted to do a calendar for Wendy. I hit the jackpot!!!!!!! The gal on the other end of the phone was Angela Schumacher, the creator, designer and producer of the Smoky Lake Maple Products' ALS Calendar!

I told Angela how her one act of kindness towards Eric Johnson has rippled love (like a pebble thrown into a pond) and encouragement for people to possibly do the same for others afflicted with ALS. All her work, time, and effort which she put into this project will continue to change people’s lives. Acts of kindness, love, and goodness never ends, it continues to travel throughout the world, and I praised her for her works and for starting such a wave of love!

Angela has graciously and unselfishly agreed to help guide me in creating a calendar to help find a cure for ALS and to honor Wendy Rauwerdink! For all of us who have the pleasure of calling Wendy our friend, we all believe that she has been a “Beacon of Light” while she courageously lives with this disease.
    I am so happy that I walked into that shop on October 30th. It has given me the courage to get more involved with supporting ALS research, the chance to talk with and get to know Angela, and more importantly, the opportunity to show Wendy how much she is loved!

TC McCarty
    November 9, 2015

=========================================

Calendars are still available for purchase at CalendarGirlsForALS.com! Forget going to a crowded mall on Black Friday! Just hop online and get calendars with free shipping!

:: 12 unique months/photos (January, 2016 – December, 2016)
    :: Measures 17×11
    :: Space to write on each day
    :: Major holidays and other joy-inducing celebrations noted
    :: Heavy, high quality paper
    :: Aqueous coating to prevent scuffing
    :: Printed locally in the Midwest, USA
    :: Bound at the top of each page with premium Wire-O binding
    :: 100% of the profit goes to Compassionate Care ALS
    :: FREE SHIPPING!

Have a great day, everyone!
    Sincerely,
    Angela K M Schumacher
    angela@smokylakemaple.com

Glad to hear the calendar has been a success! Also glad to hear it's been an inspiration for others dealing with ALS.

Steve
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

Angela Schumacher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket Head View Post
    Glad to hear the calendar has been a success! Also glad to hear it's been an inspiration for others dealing with ALS.
    Thanks Steve!

I did the math yesterday afternoon on the rest of our sales. All major expenses have been paid off and Compassionate Care ALS will have another check for over $2,000 coming soon.

Whatever you all can do to help spread the word about the fundraiser is much appreciated. I'll be posting more updates soon at Facebook.com/CalendarGirlsForALS

Sincerely,
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Schumacher View Post
    Thanks Steve!

I did the math yesterday afternoon on the rest of our sales. All major expenses have been paid off and Compassionate Care ALS will have another check for over $2,000 coming soon.

Whatever you all can do to help spread the word about the fundraiser is much appreciated. I'll be posting more updates soon at Facebook.com/CalendarGirlsForALS

Sincerely,
    Angela
    That's Great. I Hope you still have plenty of Callenders left I have have yet to order mine

I know I am a slacker
    Nate Hutchins
    Nate & Kate's Maple
    2022 1000 taps?
    3x10 Intensofire
    20x36 sugarhouse
    CDL 600gph RO
    A wife and 2 kids.

I love my calendar and smile every time I look at it
    Leader 3x8 Patriot raised flue
    800 taps on vacuum
    100 buckets around the yard
    A lot of help to make it fun

Angela Schumacher Guest

Hi Mark,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy it brings a smile to your face. For that reason alone, I think I could call the project a success.

Today, I actually met up with TC McCarty, the woman whose article I had shared, and she introduced me to her friend Wendy who is living with ALS. After meeting with these women, I began to realize that success should be measured with more than just numbers. TC commented that one kind act can ripple outward like a pebble being thrown in a pond. It is really rewarding that I have been able to so many positive things come out of this project, the many ripples created by our one pebble. Through TC and Wendy, my calendar project will live on beyond 2016. I would have never guessed that I was merely laying a foundation with my calendar, and that TC would be continuing with another calendar in 2017. Who knows, maybe their calendar will inspire yet another group to carry it on in 2018...

N8,
    Yes, I still have plenty of 2016 calendars! No worries! But yes, you are a slacker. Chop chop! Ha ha.

Thanks again for your continued support and positivity.
    Angela

Angela

+ Reply to Thread