+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installation of laterals

Default Installation of laterals

Hi, I was wondering if I could run my mainline wire and then run laterals. I won't have my mainline for a few more weeks and want to get a start on the laterals. Have any of you ran laterals to the mainline wire before installing the mainline?
    2014-2017:3-300 taps, homemade evaporator
    2018: Planned 1500+ taps , 3x12 evaporator, 16x24 sugarhouse

I never have but don't see why you couldn't.

Sure you can. Thinking about it I guess the way to to do it would be to pull the tubing from the trees to the wire only go past the wire so you don't end up short. So the only issue you might have is maybe some extra pieces of scrap tubing so in that case go past the wire by a drop length or so then at least the pieces are useful later. I understand you want accomplish something with your time.
    Jared

I have done this. I stretched the wire tight and side tied then strung the laterals and used the hooked connecter to hook the lateral onto the wire. Then I went back and installed the mail line and finally saddles at which point i added the loop to connect the lateral to the saddle. I then cut in drops. Worked fine.

The only disadvantage I found was when it was time to install the mainliine, having to duck and work around the laterals took a bit more time in some instances.
    About 750 taps on High Vac.
    2.5 x 8 Intens-O-Fire
    Airtech 3 hp LR Pump
    Springtech Elite 500 RO
    14 x 24 Timber Frame SugarHouse
    16 x 22 Sap Shed w/ 1500 gal. + 700 gal. tanks
    www.littlehogbackfarm.com

+ Reply to Thread