+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Aquatec Pumps

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    eau claire
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Was doing some experimenting with the aquatec pump but mostly to try out 3/16 drop lines 7' long. with the 7' i could hold a vac of 5-6.5" of vac. then i converted to 3/8 tube and tried that. pump when dry did 7" and i wanted to see if that added to my vertical vacuum. It did and a whole lot more. i get what you mean about keeping the membranes wet. i was able to pull 25" of vac on my test with the drop held high. i think i have a small leak on my riser as the first time i held 25" much longer.

    Maple Flats- to use your bypass idea i could go 3/8 out of the pump, back to 3/16 into a 3/16 tee? then send the 3/16 bypass back into another tee on the 3/16 drop prior to increasing to 3/8 on pump inlet? any sort of valve needed there? would that not grab gasses too? I just want to do what i can to get it right the first time. Thanks in advance for the info!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Haverhill, Ma
    Posts
    785

    Default

    What would be the possible reason an Aquatec 8800 pump, after pumping 50 gallons of permeate a week before, would fail to pump anything at all the next use?
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO
    2017 - 49 taps on gravity, 6 on buckets.
    2016 - 19 taps on new 3/16 tubing, 24 on buckets
    2015 - 51 taps, 26 buckets
    2014 - 50 taps, 14 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, new 2X3 continuous flow Phaneuf from Homestead Maple
    2013 - 33 taps, 12 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, steam table pans
    2012 - 26 taps, 10 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, steam table pans

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Mapleton Twp, SW Ontario
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eustis22 View Post
    What would be the possible reason an Aquatec 8800 pump, after pumping 50 gallons of permeate a week before, would fail to pump anything at all the next use?
    I've never worked on an Aquatech, but if the pump is running, the other things that could go wrong could be a broken or ripped diaphragm.... or a check valve stuck open.... or frozen liquid stopping the diaphragm or valves from moving properly??
    I didn't do a lot of looking, but one diagram I found, looks as though the check valves are rubber flappers...
    My first thought would be to try flooding it with hot or warm water and see what happens... Might loosen things up for you if there any sticky valves??

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Haverhill, Ma
    Posts
    785

    Default

    I was wondering if, since I did allow the pump to run dry a bit to empty the membrane canisters, if maybe some low pressure switch was switched
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO
    2017 - 49 taps on gravity, 6 on buckets.
    2016 - 19 taps on new 3/16 tubing, 24 on buckets
    2015 - 51 taps, 26 buckets
    2014 - 50 taps, 14 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, new 2X3 continuous flow Phaneuf from Homestead Maple
    2013 - 33 taps, 12 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, steam table pans
    2012 - 26 taps, 10 buckets, steel railroad toolbox converted into arch, steam table pans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts