+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aquatec Pumps

Was doing some experimenting with the aquatec pump but mostly to try out 3/16 drop lines 7' long. with the 7' i could hold a vac of 5-6.5" of vac. then i converted to 3/8 tube and tried that. pump when dry did 7" and i wanted to see if that added to my vertical vacuum. It did and a whole lot more. i get what you mean about keeping the membranes wet. i was able to pull 25" of vac on my test with the drop held high. i think i have a small leak on my riser as the first time i held 25" much longer.

Maple Flats- to use your bypass idea i could go 3/8 out of the pump, back to 3/16 into a 3/16 tee? then send the 3/16 bypass back into another tee on the 3/16 drop prior to increasing to 3/8 on pump inlet? any sort of valve needed there? would that not grab gasses too? I just want to do what i can to get it right the first time. Thanks in advance for the info!

What would be the possible reason an Aquatec 8800 pump, after pumping 50 gallons of permeate a week before, would fail to pump anything at all the next use?
    2024 - New Maine resident, 12X12 sugar shack under construction
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO

Quote Originally Posted by eustis22 View Post
    What would be the possible reason an Aquatec 8800 pump, after pumping 50 gallons of permeate a week before, would fail to pump anything at all the next use?
    I've never worked on an Aquatech, but if the pump is running, the other things that could go wrong could be a broken or ripped diaphragm.... or a check valve stuck open.... or frozen liquid stopping the diaphragm or valves from moving properly??
    I didn't do a lot of looking, but one diagram I found, looks as though the check valves are rubber flappers...
    My first thought would be to try flooding it with hot or warm water and see what happens... Might loosen things up for you if there any sticky valves??

I was wondering if, since I did allow the pump to run dry a bit to empty the membrane canisters, if maybe some low pressure switch was switched
    2024 - New Maine resident, 12X12 sugar shack under construction
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12