Thread: Calendar Girls For ALS

Threaded View

Angela Schumacher Guest

Thumbs up Calendar Girls For ALS

Over the past year, I've brought together a large number of volunteers to create a really unique, limited edition, 2016 calendar featuring women making maple syrup and maple equipment au naturel. I am selling the calendar to raise money for Compassionate Care ALS in honor of sugar maker Eric Johnson who was diagnosed with ALS (aka Lou Gehrigs Disease) in 2012. Compassionate Care ALS is a phenomenal organization and Eric Johnson has experienced their kindness first hand. Every penny raised for this organization will do a world of good. I support them with my whole heart.

This calendar has been the most rewarding project I've ever worked on; everything from collaborating with the other designers to seeing the maple community rally together for this great cause. Neither Smoky Lake Maple Products nor any of its sponsors or volunteers are profiting from this project. 100% of the profit goes to the charity. It's all about coming together and making a positive difference in the lives of those people who are affected by ALS.

The photography series we created for the calendar has been described as free-spirited, tasteful, artistic and fun. You definitely won't find any other maple calendars like this anywhere else. They will make excellent Christmas gifts too!

Thanks to everyone who has already offered so much positivity and support. Please help spread the word about this fundraiser and let's make this a huge success for Compassionate Care ALS! You can purchase a calendar today at CalendarGirlsForALS.com.

---
    Other notes about the project:

The series is being showcased at The Flying Pig Art Gallery in Algoma, Wisconsin from October through December. If you are in the area, please join us for the gallery's opening reception on October 18 from 12 - 3pm. We will even be featuring a few extra compositions from the series that didn't make it into the calendar. There will also be a farmer's market there too that day. So it's sure to be a lot to do and see.

I'd like to express my gratitude for Roth Sugar Bush of Cadott, Wisconsin and Wendel's Maple & More of East Concord, New York. These dealers have embraced the spirit of this project and will be selling the calendar in their storefronts and at trade shows. We also thank Morning Ag Clips, Farming Magazine, The Maple News and various arts publications for helping us advertise this fundraiser in their publications. To see all the long list of folks involved with this project (we are adding to it all the time), please visit the credits page on our website
    Attached Images Attached Images