+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maple Sap Water

Default Maple Sap Water

The IMSI has issued recommendations for the standardization of the production of Pure Maple Sap Water - they can be found at the following link:

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b636da...ist_2_3_2_.pdf

It will be interesting to see how many producers sell some or all of their production in this raw form.
    4,600 Taps on vacuum
    9,400 gallons storage
    3 tower CDL RO
    3.5'x14' Lapierre Force 5
    Twitter & Instagram: @ennismaple
    www.ennismaple.com

It looks like a sound set of rules to govern maple (sap) water as a beverage.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Interesting. It's says it should not be bottled like normal water. What does that mean. Does it have to be put in a special container? Is there a special way of bottling it to extend the shelf life. My guess is that you would almost have to treat it like milk. But being pure and not pasteurized it would have a very short shelf life. I would like to know more about this. I don't think I would ever sell maple water, but I would love to know the process of it.

My understanding is that you concentrate about 10X with ro, then the remainder via evaporation. It seems like you could sell the post-ro, pre-boil material as "maple water concentrate." My guess is that the viscosity at this point is such that it readily mixes with water, with minimal stirring, right? "Maple water concentrate" would be an interesting niche.

It states that for it to be "pure" it must not be boiled and be 1-4% brix and that boiling changes the structure of pure maple sap water.

I wonder how it would be carbonated ? My son does that with only a simple set up to water and or water with fruit flavor or minerals. The whole set up cost under $100 and takes only minutes to make a carbonated beverage. Jay
    Zucker Lager

the company here in poultney pays really good i hear for quality sap.

https://www.vtsweetwater.com/
    Business Name
    Flat Lander Sugaring (who would think a guy from Az be making syrup)
    125 on Sap Suckers
    Close to 475 High Vac
    400 gravity adding more
    leader 2x6
    home made preheater
    hoods
    1 7D749 for AOF
    New FLS Tsunami Arch
    4 membrane TR Industries RO 2HP 3 phase 601GPH 250 PSI
    PID Display for Arch Temp.
    Chumlee of the trader

I just tried "Wahta". It has a very light sap flavor, not to bad but the cost was really too high.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

What does the package say for ingredients. I would love to know how it's preserved. It has to be stabilized or pasteurized or something to get a shelf life out of it. Does it have an expiry date stamped on it.?

Ingredients say "100 % pure maple water". I would imagine it is flash pasteurized since it has been in the fridge for 6 months, says best before April 5 2016
    custom made 2x7 intensofire
    With SL pans
    250 deer run
    300 3/16 (new 2016)
    500 sacks around the neighborhood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast