+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stacking Vac's

Default Stacking Vac's

I have a question about using two vacs to both operate the same releaser. I have a 3 hp Busch, and I want to add a 5 HP Busch to the system. The releaser is capable of 12,000 taps. From what can read, the 3 HP and the 5 HP would be enough to power the releaser once I get 10,000+ taps on it.

My plan was to use a "Y" connection with a line to each pump and the main trunk to the releaser.

Will this work, or is there another direction I should consider.

Thanks,
    Ben

I have several that have multiple pumps on one line...I would suggest using a compressor tank with the two vacs plumbed in to welded fittings then the vac line Coming out to your releaser...works well for me
    Chris Hicks
    The Sugar House at Morningstar Farm
    24x50 sugar House
    New 4x12 reverse fired leader arch and steam away
    new h2o innovations 1000 gph r.o.
    it's time to get back in the woods!
    www.sappyguys.com
    603-479-0804

I use two that are connected to a 3" pvc that connects to the releaser. Each pump is located on opposing ends of a tee. Each pump has its own check valve and an isolation ball valve in the event of a failure or for isolation.

There have been no issues wit doing this and it is done in the dairy industry all the time.

I use separate power switches and only use the second pump when it is needed. Say if you run the pumps 24/7 durin sap season; no reason to have both running. During first startup after a freeze period one pump switches on and if the vac level is not where I want it to be a turn on the second. Late in the day I will shut down the second pump and let one finish up til things freeze all the way. When we wash the lines both run to keep up with the surging of solution and inlet of air.

For best vac transfer don't Y since the air is traveling thru the center of the pipe most easily. a Y will create turbulence that can affect the pumps efficiency. Unless you over size the pipe, and then you are making a balance tank to get the best transfer and efficiency from both pumps.

Good Luck!
    Ben

+ Reply to Thread