+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my dad

Default Lost my dad

We lost my dad last Tuesday. Massive stroke Monday morning, then held on til about 4 the next morning. We are all grateful that he didn't suffer much, if at all. But he is greatly missed. He was really a huge part of my life. I don't think I had any projects that he wasn't a part of, usually in a big way.

He was 87. Grandma lived to 98, so he/we thought he had many years left. Just the evening before I was helping him finish up an addition to his woodshed. He hauled a lot of sap and emptied thousands of buckets over the years.

He always enjoyed visiting other sugarmakers with me. One of my friends called him pops and said he was dad's 2nd maple son! He really loved the visit from Dave Yeany several years ago. He loved talking about trapping, and how it was in the good old days.

Praying we will be reunited again someday at the end of time .

Tim
    Tim Whitens
    Willow Creek Farm
    Fulton, NY

3000 on vacuum, 3hp 3ph Busch pump, 2567 Gast
    30X8 Leader oil-fired evap. w/ steamaway
    Airablo 1000 RO
    6 Alpacas

Sorry for your loss, Tim. He is in a better place now. My prayers go out to all who were close to him.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

Tim,

I'm very sorry to hear of your father's passing.

And as for projects, he'll just be looking over you instead of being aside of you.

Steve
    2014 Upgrades!: 24x40 sugarhouse & 30"x10' Lapierre welded pans, wood fired w/ forced draft, homemade hood & preheater
    400 taps- half on gravity 5/16, half on gravity 3/16
    Airablo R.O. machine - in the house basement!
    Ford F-350 4x4 sap gatherer
    An assortment of barrels, cage tanks & bulk tanks- with one operational for cooling/holding concentrate
    And a few puzzled neighbors...

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...uckethead1920/

So sorry to hear you lost your dad.

Spud

Alaska (East Central Minnesota For Sugaring)

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad.

Sounds like he had a long, good life. No one can take away those good memories.

Old trappers hold a place in my memories and soul, they are an endangered species. This world has surely lost a jewel and heaven has gained a saint. You will never stop missing him and the best medicine for heartache is good memories and lots of love. God be with you and give you peace.

I am sorry for your your loss, and the suddeness makes it even harder. Four score and seven years........
    3,100 taps
    60 cfm flood
    HC2
    5 by 14 oil

Brian

Tim --- Sorry about the loss of Your Dad. Yep! You will meet again.
    Mike
    2x5 F.O. Tank Arch/Wood Fired
    2x5 Mark/Josh Custom Pans
    12 x 14 Sugar Shack
    55 Sure Taps - 100 Unsure Taps

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I know from experience that it isn't easy to lose a parent that you were close to throughout your life. Cherish those memories.
    Gary

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast