+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Wanabe1972 View Post
    . Come on man!! My wife was driving a pacer when I met her. I guess with those standards you know how she ended up with me!!

now that's just funny no matter how you look at it
    Jake Moser
    Moser's Maple

2 beautiful little girls
    1 wife that's become her mother

www.facebook.com/mosersmaple

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-NH View Post
    You would need to share all the facts before any 3 rd party could give you an informed opinion. Cost vs new. Warrantee. Etc
    The company's rep told me that it was the ownership that tells him to sell used machines as demos. He does not like doing it but obviously complies with company policy. Cost? It changes from day to day. Initially we where quoted $15,100. Then we received and invoice for 17,900. Then updated to $17k. The company rep said he was willing to renegotiate price if we keep it. I think they are willing to take it back and charge a season lease fee of $1,500. It's a bummer that I paid to have it shipped here which wasn't cheap either.

If floating prices are their company's M.O., that may also be how they got to call it a "Demo" too. Too many buyers got handed an invoice considerably above the agreed upon price. Now possibly, if the price difference was in the exchange rate between Canada and the US that could explain the change somewhat. Checking the exchange rate from yesterday, $17900 Canadian would only be $14553 U.S. That is a big part of the bulk price of syrup right now. Quebec sets the price and this year the exchange rate brings it way down this year.
    Did anyone explain what happened to the $15,100?
    Last edited by maple flats; 06-14-2015 at 06:30 AM.
    Dave Klish, I recently ordered a 2x6 wood fired evaporator from A&A Sheet Metal which I will be converting to oil fired
    Now have solar, 2x6 finish pan, 5 bank 7x7 filter press, large water jacketed bottler, and tankless water heater.
    Recently bought another Gingerich RO, this one was a 125, but a second membrane was added thus is a 250, like I had.
    After running a 2x3, a 2x6, 3x8 tapping from 79 taps up to 1320 all woodfired, now I'm going to a 2x6 oil fired and a 200-425 taps.

I don't think I would be giving this dealer any more of My business.If they ever call you back tell them your demoing another RO for the next few years and that you'll get back to them.
    Sudzy's Purely Maple 2011 125 on vac 200 buckets 30x8 lapierre raised flue 12x20 shanty with 12x32 addition with 9x12 tank room tanks 500g 600g 300g
    [

url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sudzys-Purely-Maple/366440096710159

https://youtu.be/cK7V6VG2B_k

image.jpgimage.jpg
    I have decided to return the RO. The same company sent me this tank and said this kind of buckling is normal. I am not so sure but would really like to hear if anyone else has a tank that does this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12