+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramps, at last!

Haha, I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by maple flats View Post
    OK, now I'm familiar with them, I just was not familiar with them being called "ramps". Here I thought Tim had some ramps to help load something heavy or bulky onto his trailer.
    Last edited by JADavis; 05-12-2015 at 06:45 PM.

We call them wild Garlic around my neck of the woods. Or leeks. I pickle them every year. Instead of using sugar I sub in 4 tbspns of maple syrup. they are amazing in anything. Soups,salads, anything with a green in it. I usually pick them right after a good rain. They are ripe when you can put your fingers about 1/2" into the ground and feel the top of the bulb. They just pull right out. I don't dig them up because they take a long time to come back if you upset the root ball they grow from. They grow in patches and clumps and I have found it best to take 3 or 4 from each clump and leave the rest.

I found out I have a couple of acres of them on the property I bought two years ago in the UP. They are delicious on campfire cooked food. This past weekend I cut some up and mixed them in with my burgers before I cooked them on the campfire. Best burger ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12