+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12 pump with float?

Default 12 pump with float?

I have 75 taps on 5/16 tubing running to different collection tanks this year. first year running tube and so far its working pretty good. only problem I have is my bush is flat and with 3 different collection tanks its been a lot of work getting the sap to one tank and to the shack. ive come up with a way to reduce it to one central tank for next year but would like a way to pump it automatically to the shack. I thought of running a 1/2" line from the tank up 20' and off to the shack sloping along the way (about 350') I wouldn't need a huge pump for this I would assume but I need it to be 12v because there is no way to get power out there. and is there a pump out there that I could hook a float up to to control it?

look into the lunchbox. it works great for us. I have 300 feet of maple tubing for air transport between to compressor and the lunchbox. it runs only when needed.
    and its a vacuum system at the same time.
    Last edited by softmaple; 03-31-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    www.themaplehut.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36680916@N06/
    22x16 Hut
    290 Taps
    2x6 Leader Patriot Raised Flue
    WesFab Filter Press
    Reverse Osmosis
    WF Mason bottlers
    Cotton Candy Machine

looked the lunchbox up. its quite the little unit. If it will pump the sap up 20 feet and about 400 feet to my shack then im in. it says it runs off 30 psi I would assume I would need a little more psi to pump 400 feet to the shack? and would I need a check valve somewhere in the pump line to stop it from syphoning? did you use 5/16 sap line for the air supply?

You can use a shurfo pump and a normal sump pump float. Use an extension cord and cut off 2 to 3 feet trom each end. Wire the male end to your pump and aligator clips on the female end. Plug the float in the middle and you are good to go.

I am really interested in this lunchbox product.Maple tubing is way easier to run for an airline then an extension cord. And it's a vacuum pump at the same time. I would like some more info on it. Like the inlet and outlet sizes and the fittings needed to hook it up. Going to try and pm the manufacturer.

+ Reply to Thread