+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tapped but slow

Default Tapped but slow

Tapped on the 7th, 33 taps and have enough to finish about three gallon. hopefully it will flow a little better towards end of week.

Hey thackerymaple I tapped on the 2nd and have only made about 10 gals. That's with 200 taps on vac and 20 bags. Just checked the bags are not dripping but the vac has a steady stream, maybe I'll have enough to boil tomorrow. Hope the freeze/thaw the next couple days resets everything or at least gives a few more days of good flow. Good luck.

I have had most of my taps in since 2/28. I jugged up 3 gal so far plus I boiled 30 gal the other night that's in the pan waiting for the next boil - probably Saturday. Looks like we will get a few days coming up where we can gather some sap. Haven't had a any run over 3 qt/tap yet. Looking forward to some good runs!
    RC Maple

14X14 sugarhouse - new for 2012
    RO Bucket - RB10 - New for 2019
    2x3 barrel evaporator with continuous flow pan
    55 taps - most on buckets
    This is next year!

Since the 7th canned close to 10 gallon, have about another 4 to process, the last week has been good, but I think I'll pull the taps tonight, good bit of rain coming, think It's about done anyway. Been a decent year for the hobby. See ya all next year

Just finished boiling last night. I quit gathering on Monday. I will be close to last years syrup total but a little short. The last week has been better for sap than the whole rest of the month. I picked up my buckets yesterday and every tap was still dripping. Time to clean up now...ugh!
    RC Maple

14X14 sugarhouse - new for 2012
    RO Bucket - RB10 - New for 2019
    2x3 barrel evaporator with continuous flow pan
    55 taps - most on buckets
    This is next year!

+ Reply to Thread