+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: taps are in!

today, I boiled down some sap that was a little cloudy but tasted fine. will end up with few gallons of finished syrup from that and there's another 100 gallons in the woods. looks like I am cooking tomorrow as well. filtering is becoming a chore with the not perfect sap but its still sweet.

I'm using propane on mine, burning a lot. I have no way to handle/process 100gal at a time, otherwise I'd be happy to take it.

I boiled down the 100 but didn't check the sugar content. I ended up with 3 gallons of finished dark syrup so the sap was well on the sweet side. hardly anything sap Saturday and sunday but I am hoping for 1 more little run. we will see. if I get some, I will post it up and if you want 10 gallons or so, you are welcome to it. im at about 70 percent of last season but that seems to be the norm but im always happy if I can make ANY syrup.

well, it loos like tis is the end for me also. I had a small run yesterday but not enough to run the evaporator. so today will be a cleaning day and put all equipment to bed. this weekend I will pull taps and and flush the lines. have a great year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123