+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Maplesaint

Cool 2019

2019 season is on its way. Hopefully this is the last year in the little sugarhouse. I have all the lumber Miller for the new 20 by 24 house. I can’t wait. I am still looking for a 100+ taps around the Deerfield area. I got 60 gal of sap yesterday enough to prime up the homemade RO and boil this weekend. Good luck everyonecool:
    540 taps. New 2x6 CDL oil fired deluxe. 7” wesfab filter press with electric pump. Micro 2 RO and a 16 by 32 CDL bottling unit. Can’t wait!!!!!!
    20x24 shack

Cool

What is going on with this weather!?!?!?
    540 taps. New 2x6 CDL oil fired deluxe. 7” wesfab filter press with electric pump. Micro 2 RO and a 16 by 32 CDL bottling unit. Can’t wait!!!!!!
    20x24 shack

I don't know but it looks like it should go back to normal starting tomorrow night. Notice that I said "should"!
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

Cool Fingers are crossed

Homemade RO is running at around 10% and I have around 40 gal of concentration to boil. So I figured a half pint it will be great day tomorrow. Got a bunch of cool bottle I can wait to try. Got to do few last things to take care of first thing in the morning and then it going to be time for relaxation and watching the syrup flow. Does anyone Know a little sugar bush anywhere around me. If so? Shoot me a message. Thanks
    20x24 shack

Cool

Still not even running good. It is almost noon and it is only around 30 degrees. And this wind is not helping at all. The vacuum systems might be going good but when you don’t have a sugar bush to have a vacuum it’s not helping either. This has been a very weird for me. It frustrating be ause I just want to boil make syrup.
    20x24 shack

Cool Boiling tomorrow

Ran all 250+\- gal through the RO and i am going to fire up the ol’ Half pint at 7 am. How did everyone’s day go with visitors? Crappy day today but totshould be really nice. Filtered 2.5 gal today and it’s not as light as I hoped. Hopefully it lightens up a little so I can put some in my glass to grade at fairs? Does anyone know where I can enter my syrup. Gotta get some woods cred to get established my new sugar house for next year. Let me know. Thanks!!!
    20x24 shack

It was slow for us Saturday only 65 people had 200 last year. We did better on sunday about 350. Still not as good as last year.
    30x40 Sugarhouse
    975 taps here at home. Still have 3-400 to add in.
    3x10 Cabin by the Creek evap with "steamaway"
    CDL 600 RO
    ebayed Sogevac S65

It was sporadic for me on both days but the sales were good. I have a hard time getting people to come down here off of the beaten path when there's fresh donuts and farm animals at the huge place just up the road. How can I compete with that?
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

Cool

Yeah Russ hard to compete with the really big dogs. Some on the ridge are to big for my likes. I mean I would love to have them but as a small timer I like the little sugar houses to visit. I’m glad things went good for the ones that were open. A little disappointed for you that your shack was not on the wedsite. Kinda a big weekend to get that messed up. It’s ok because last year everyone that was a member was on it. I had people show up to my 8 by 6 shack that once was a little kids play house. It was funny that looks they had!! Lol.
    20x24 shack

Repurposing a kids playhouse into a sugar house is yankee ingenuity at its best. The kids weren't using it anymore so why let it sit there and rot.
    Russ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast