+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maplesaint

Hybrid View

I say yes it's too early, but this weather is tempting. I'm going to wait at least a few more weeks before I think about it. Last year I tapped half my taps on January 26th and the first run was good but the sugar content was not
    Started in 2013 with 15 taps on buckets and a turkey frier.
    Now 2020, 250 taps, 3/16's with vac. 10x14 sugarhouse. 2x6 Leader raised flue. Homemade 50 gal per hour RO.
    Munson's Maple’s

I'm holding out next door too. Not even close to ready yet.
    More taps than the year before. Bigger shack than the year before. Leader Patriot 2x6 w/hood. 3-post Dolly, but still too much sap and not enough wood or time.
    www.wickedsappy.com

Cool Hot

Sitting in my tiny shack boiling away and it is hot out. Down to a t-shirt. Boiled about 25 gals of sap last night and almost done about 25 tonight. Sat morning early I should be able to draw about 3/4 of a gal off and another 3/4 of gal at about 2:00 pm. Would like to run at least 2 gal through the filter press and have it bottled on Sunday. Is anyone worried about weather or do you all think it will be fine. Hope everyone is off to a good start and having fun. IMG_0082.jpg
    540 taps. New 2x6 CDL oil fired deluxe. 7” wesfab filter press with electric pump. Micro 2 RO and a 16 by 32 CDL bottling unit. Can’t wait!!!!!!
    20x24 shack

I'm off to a good start and having fun here. I'm not worried about the weather. It's still early and the weather looks good for next week.
    Russ

"Red Roof Maples" Where the term "boiling soda" was first introduced to the maple world!

1930 Ford Model AA Doodlebug tractor
    A couple of Honda 4 wheelers
    Four chainsaws and no chickens!

+ Reply to Thread