Quote Originally Posted by motowbrowne View Post
Hey Mark, it was nice meeting you the other day.

Yeah, I wanted to see this 3/16 in action without a vacuum pump, so I figured I'd better get on it.

What's Greg's wife's name? I should know, but I forget. Anyway, I asked if she knew anyone running 3/16. She said they had sold some, but hadn't heard anything back about it. I guess I'd think that means that they aren't running any. I figure if they had some installed she would have mentioned something.

I'm glad I did get even one run installed. Without really seeing it, I don't know if I could've pulled the trigger to do the whole woods. Now it seems like it would be stupid to leave them on buckets for next year.

Another benefit I'm seeing is that it'll be easier to find a place to put a taphole. My dad's been tapping here since about '75. Some of these trees don't have a lot of space without old holes. With this tubing I can put a tap higher than all the old stuff.

Glad you're getting sap Mark! If I remember, you've got some time off work starting today. Seems like the timing might work out perfectly. Have fun! Call me if you need a hand keeping up.
I believe Greg's wife name is Debbie. My wife heard that at church the other night about the tubing "plugging" up and even stories get passed at church. Yes, I don't have a day of work til April 4th so that will be nice. I am still hoping to get a run or two of 3/16 up without a pump. My sap bringing buddy said why don't I look at the 3/16" and what its doing before you turn the pump on some day......made me think a minute. The bad thing is the sugar. Down to 1.7% day before last and expect today will be even lower, but the clarity is much better. Going to be gathering lots this afternoon AND I have an inspector coming Wednesday. Good luck to you.