+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Report from worthington/cummington

Default Report from worthington/cummington

There is a lot of snow. I mean 34 plus inches on the ground everywhere. Tomorrow starts he task of shoveling out in preparation of having buckets next weekend. The tractor has been treated to new agressive chains. I am ready for a weekend of digging and trail breaking. I am hopeful next weekend will yield sap. It may be a pipe dream.

finished our cummington bush,yesterday.2400taps. At least 3ft of snow.Tough going every step of the way.Going to maple kickoff,today. Install releasers, tomorrow.
    Paul & Serena
    Sugaring for over 50 years.
    4000+ taps on vacuum
    4 Airtech Vacuum Pumps
    4 X 12 Force 5 with D&G Pans
    Lapierre 1200 GPH RO

www.paulssugarhouse.com

Paul my goal is less lofty. I am going from 125 buckets to 200 this year. The snow is still a real challenge. I would love to be in communication with you about how your sap is flowing. I am up on a hill 1450 elevation and travel for work so I don't always know when the sap is runs or when things are frozen out. Best of luck to you this season. I am hopeful that it will be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejsmass2 View Post
    There is a lot of snow. I mean 34 plus inches on the ground everywhere. Tomorrow starts he task of shoveling out in preparation of having buckets next weekend. The tractor has been treated to new agressive chains. I am ready for a weekend of digging and trail breaking. I am hopeful next weekend will yield sap. It may be a pipe dream.
    I'm up in Savoy at 2,000 ft. and I just can't imagine the sap will start flowing here for another few weeks or so. Burried under 36 to 40" inches of snow. But as you said….I'm hopeful.
    16x24 Timber Frame Sugar House
    Mason 2x4 Evaporator
    90 trees on buckets

120 taps in. Path plowed to those trees. Got 150 gallons yesterday afternoon. To today. Boiled and sweetened but made no syrup yet. Looking for a good run and further prep tomorrow

Looking for some dry slabs for the arch.........I blew it. From the harsh winter wood I thought would be dry is a block of ice. I am in great need for next weekend and a Saturday pickup. Might anybody have a suggestion.

there's lots of people with pallets on craigslist is the best I can think of. Snow's still too deep to cadge deadfalls.
    2024 - New Maine resident, 12X12 sugar shack under construction
    2019 - New 12X12 boiling pavilion
    2018 - New Mason 2X3 Hobby XL and homemade RO

Default trees have shutdown in worthington

We had a good year. It's always sad to see it stop.

Gathered and boiled 4000gals. today. Still running good, even though it didnt freeze last night.Made 97gals of medium.Sugar is at 2%.April 3rd??
    Paul & Serena
    Sugaring for over 50 years.
    4000+ taps on vacuum
    4 Airtech Vacuum Pumps
    4 X 12 Force 5 with D&G Pans
    Lapierre 1200 GPH RO

www.paulssugarhouse.com

+ Reply to Thread