+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small Vacuum pump

Default Small Vacuum pump

I'm looking for a small pump to run about 300 taps. Wondering if anyone would have one for sale ? I've heard that the Gast pumps are good ? I'm in Greenwich NY . I also have a Delaval 75 I would consider trading if anyone was interested or can buy it straight out as well . Thanks

find a small belt drive gast on ebay usualy 50 to 100 bucks then get a 99 dollar engine thats what i been running 2 yr now and very happy
    11x29 sugarhouse
    2x8 airtight arch homemade with waterloo flue pan, welded syrup pan and parallel flow preheater hood
    250gph cdl ro
    1100+ taps for 2014, approx 1000 of them vac
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crowh...5582993?ref=hl

I have a bb2 surge that I got in that I would trade for the D75. I also have a D 73 that I have to pick up and go thru that will easily do 300 taps. Last season mine did 650 for me at 28" of vac. You are about 30 minutes away. You are only about 30 minutes away but would need to do it after dark as we are still putting up lines and taping with all this snow.

Ben

Ben,
    You wouldn't happen to know where I could get vanes for a D73? I bought one for $10 and I figured I'd get it set up as a backup for the season in case the Alamo 75 or 100 go down. mark ct, sorry about butting in on your thread
    7000 taps on vacuum, just trying to get a little better every year.

you will need to visit a metal shop with a plasma cutter.

I don't have the time right now to cut out a set.

Are they bad? I have only seen two pumps with bad vanes before. They were worn down really bad and one broke. The other they were pitted from rusting and were going to eat the rotor up.

Its not my thread you can butt in all you want lol!
    11x29 sugarhouse
    2x8 airtight arch homemade with waterloo flue pan, welded syrup pan and parallel flow preheater hood
    250gph cdl ro
    1100+ taps for 2014, approx 1000 of them vac
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crowh...5582993?ref=hl

+ Reply to Thread