+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RO Cleaning Questions

Default RO Cleaning Questions

I am looking for information as to daily/weekly cleaning methods for an RO. I am a rookie to them and I purchased a small homemade (50 gph) RO this past year for my operation. Do you just rinse daily with permeate, how often do you use soaps, cleaners, etc.? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

find out what you have for a membrane and then go to their web site all the info should be there
    2x6 RAISED FLUE PANS
    by WF MASON
    650 taps on vac.
    100 on bags

A lot depends on how much you use it. If you run it 3 hours a day vs. 12 or 16hrs. what you will need to do is different. I never run more than 4 hours and occasionally 5 hours. I never need to do a rinse cycle for that reason. So in my case after I'm out of sap for the day and have pushed the sugar out with permiate until I'm at 0% I shut down add soap to the wash tank check the ph, add more soap if needed. Then leave it running. After it finishes the wash cycle and shuts off I will come in the next morning and rinse the membrane out with the stored permiate. At that point it is all set for the next time.
    Keith

+ Reply to Thread