+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Lancaster Co. 2015

Today marks the last day of sugar season for 2015 here. Did my last boil and pulled the plug. Vinegar in the evaporator for the big cleanup. Lots of syrup this year 20 less taps than last year but 7 more gallons of syrup (15 total) thanks to to high vac 3/16 tubing. I finally have a proper sugarshack aimed at passing 2016 inspections. I learned a lot this year and am grateful for the company on this forum. Lots of planning to do and wood gathering. Hoping for a new evaporator as well for next year asi boils for nearly 6 hours a day nearly everyday the entire month of March. I'll probably be on the forums most of the year as I make preparations. Thanks again everyone!

~ John Sanderson
    ~ John

50 Reds, Silvers, Norways and Sugar Maple taps. 4' diameter round Amish made SS wood fired evaporator.

Good job Sandersyrup.

Oh by the way, I have been meaning to inform you Lancaster guys. You may already know of this place but I will say it anyway.
    There is a great company outside of Lancaster, Fillmore Container, that has glass 8oz and 12oz syrup bottles. Great prices also.
    I picked up a few cases this past fall to see how they sell compared to the plastic jugs. The price for the glass is actually cheaper per container than the sugarhill jugs and that includes the cap and shrink tamper seal.
    Last edited by Dennis H.; 04-02-2015 at 08:06 PM.
    1st Generation Hobby Maple Producer, you got to start somewhere.
    222 Taps, all on Vacuum! No more buckets.
    Lapierre 2'x5' raised flue w/Hood and Preheater
    Surge SP11, Lapierre Hobby Releaser
    Modified 5" Filter Press made by Daryl with a Gear Pump
    Homemade 2 membrane RO
    Kabota RTV Sap Hauler

Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis H. View Post
    There is a great company outside of Lancaster, Fillmore Container, that has glass 8oz and 12oz syrup bottles. Great prices also.
    Thanks!

I learned about them from somebody here last year. I actually started using Gamber container which is also local. Super nice to work with and a bit cheaper than Filmore.

~ John Sanderson
    ~ John

50 Reds, Silvers, Norways and Sugar Maple taps. 4' diameter round Amish made SS wood fired evaporator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456