+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 2015 Season West Virginia Mapler

2015 a great year for West Virginia Maple Syrup Producers. Certified Maple Assoc. formed with a growing membership. 10 Big fun filled days promoting Maple Syrup at the State Fair of West Virginia. Tim Wilmot presented two workshops on 3/16th tubing one at my location and the other at WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER's location, both events were well attended! We attended the International Maple Meeting at Seven Springs, and are in the process of completing our membership in the North American Maple Syrup Council. Planning on having West Virginia's first ever maple Weekend next March, the best news for producers in the southern regions, Maple Boot Camp will be held in West Virginia next summer, instructors Steve Childs, Mike Farrell an others. More info to follow on this event!

Mark 220 Maple
    1100 taps on low vaccum, 900 on gravity.
    900 plus taps leased and on high vacuum
    35 cfm Indiana Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
    80% Sugar, 20% Red MAPLES
    http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Maple%20Syrup/

Hey Brandon looks like a Big storm headed your way Are you all tapped out ? What are they predicting for snow totals in your area?
    I remember in 2007 we had a Blizzard that dumped two and half feet of powder you had to almost swim though it It was the hardest tapping I've ever done
    10,600 taps on vacuum
    5x16 CDL Master / with steam pan
    3600 GPH CDL RO

Sorry just seen this post. We got about 25" from storm at sugarhouse. No I haven't tapped yet. Prob could have got a big run from Saturday through this Wednesday but temps pushing 60s. Will get rid of most of the snow and help get the ground thawed. May start tapping towards end of week.
    Brandon

CDL dealer for All of West Virginia & Virginia
    3x10 CDL Deluxe oil fired
    Kubota M7040 4x4 Tractor w/ 1153 Loader hauling sap
    2,400+ taps on 3/16 CDL natural vacuum on 9 properties
    24x56 sugarhouse
    CDL 1,000 2 post RO

Yeah that's a bunch of snow but with those temps should melt most of it, if not though, it will stiffen up and if cold enough you can walk on top of it.
    I really love that just enough to cover up all the ground clutter sticks etc. bare ground is nice as well that's what I have here right now, going to start tapping
    this weekend the 6th it will be the earliest I have done so Hope you have a great season!
    10,600 taps on vacuum
    5x16 CDL Master / with steam pan
    3600 GPH CDL RO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910