Today in our local pennypincher my wife saw an add, "maple syrup equipment for sale. I went to look, it was only about 15 miles away. The guy has made maple syrup for 40 years and had decided to retire from that part of his business, he also does honey and until he uses up his rather large supply of private lable jugs he will buy bulk and package syrup etc.
I was like a kid in a candy store, but I kept it fairly light. I bought some drops, a little over 2 rolls of 5/16 of 30P and a little of some slightly more flexable ($60). I bought 6-55 gal food grade bbls and 6 half bbls with covers, good and clean and were used several seasons by him ($90). I also got another ss bulk milk tank, 550 gal Sunset with valve and covers ($400). The tank is in excellent shape.
He also has a 4x10 oil fired evap?, a 2x4 gas fired finisherw/hood ($800), 3 filter tanks (price?), and several more ss bulk tanks (price?) If anyone is interested he is near Rome, NY, goes by the name Tree Bee Farm and his phone is 315-337-9724, after 2pm He has thousands of feet of used tubing, about 6-8 more tanks, a tubing washer, and many other assorted things. He has a 250 gph RO. Everything looked to be well cleaned after the last season and was properly taken care of.
I would have gotten more but I have spent too much this last year and want to get some more cash flow before going for any more.