+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lunchbox Vacuum Releaser

Default Lunch Box Vacuum Releaser

I am currently using a lunch box vacuum re-leaser with a line of 77 taps. I have 500 feet of 5/16 line hooked up to the re-leaser. I have tried gravity and hooked to the re-leaser. The re-leaser definitely outperforms the gravity. I would highly recommend it for the small operator. Thank you to Theron Pierce (PA Thor) for giving me the opportunity to give it a try.

20150309_170453.jpg20150330_112650.jpg20150401_153805.jpg
    Bixby's Maple Syrup

I wish I had of known of this product sooner. Im buying one for sure. with the vacuum it produces would it pull sap from low spots? there will be a couple of spots that I can tap now that are lower by 10' then my last tap now. are you running just one line with 77 taps or multiple lines tee'd together near lunchbox. cant really run a mainline with this setup.

Brick layer, I ran 500 feet of 5/16 tubing up through a ravine. I tied in 77 taps to that liNE to the releaser. Then I ran 150 feet of 5/16 to the compressor. I hope this helps.
    Bixby's Maple Syrup

Was any of the line downhill or was it all pretty much gravity to the releaser? In the spot I want to tap I would have to redo all my tubing. My last tap is already 15-20 feet up in the tree. The other taps I want to get to would be lower. I don't think I would get enough pull to get to them. I might be able to run a separate line and tee it into the line somewhere farther down. It's not a very gravity friendly bush. But a real pita to do with buckets.

Is there a reduction in efficiency as the distance from the compressor increases or max distance to the compressor?
    2014 - 6 buckets, 4 coffee cans and a propane burner - almost 40L of sap and 1.6L of syrup
    2015 - 103 taps on gravity. Homemade oil tank arch and a Smoky Lake 2' X 5' hybrid. - 2.66 gallons of syrup
    2016 - 101 taps, 550 gallons of sap, ~10 gallons of syrup all dark.
    2017 - 138 taps, 225 gallons of sap, 5.55 gallons of dark syrup, still procrastinating on the vac.
    2018 - ~150 taps, I lost track of the sap it was incredible!, over 20 gal of syrup, all dark.

Could I run 2 5/16 lines from different parts of the Bush to a tee then one line to the releaser. I would assume on gravity it would clog up but with the vacuum this releaser creates it should pull it through? I might even have 3 lines connected together. Can't really hook a mainline to this system because the releaser is only 5/16. Unless I switched all my drops and laterals to 3/16 and used the 5/16 as a mainline but they would still have to connect to the releaser. Will vacuum be the same with 2 lines teed with different size runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel26 View Post
    Is there a reduction in efficiency as the distance from the compressor increases or max distance to the compressor?
    Sure, but its all manageable at the recommended tap count. Stopwatched my 45 tap bush and it used .07 cfm(90) when running.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Could I run 2 5/16 lines from different parts of the Bush to a tee then one line to the releaser. I would assume on gravity it would clog up but with the vacuum this releaser creates it should pull it through? I might even have 3 lines connected together. Can't really hook a mainline to this system because the releaser is only 5/16. Unless I switched all my drops and laterals to 3/16 and used the 5/16 as a mainline but they would still have to connect to the releaser. Will vacuum be the same with 2 lines teed with different size runs?
    Mine has four 5/16 all teed together. Too embarassed to post a pic. Works fine.
    A star fitting would be a little more professional.

Acer Dean, Will this work with 3/4" mainline with laterals out from mainline if reduced back down to 5/16" to the lunchbox?
    2012 200 taps on buckets,,, Built me a 2' X 11' arch,,, hope to put most on tubing next year.

2011 100 taps on buckets, 30x 60 flat pan

2009 63 taps on buckets,,,, 30x60 flat pan

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbush Ridge View Post
    Acer Dean, Will this work with 3/4" mainline with laterals out from mainline if reduced back down to 5/16" to the lunchbox?
    It will work with a mainline setup.
    When ordering request the threaded adapter I think its 1/2npt. You can get that to plumb to the 3/4 mainline. Looks like you have a lot of taps. Leak control will be important or you will be mad at me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast